CHAPTER9:PRELUDE TO THE TEMPEST

Maharashtra kaal:

It was a long messed up day. The chaos from the morning subsided and resolved peaceful because of Vasudev. Somehow I was more at ease because he was here.

After the dinner I dismissed myself to my chamber to have a good nights rest. The events from the day replayed in my mind subconsciously. So many things happened from overhearing my Father's conversation to me not being able to tell jiji about it then the heated argument and the fire ..... Wait!!!!!! The fire? Now that I think about it how was it even possible? Although the goblets beside the throne are always burning as a representation of pure justice given in the court but it wasn't a windy day to increase the fire like that. The fire is kept blazing by adding the essentials ever two prahar and if I am not wrong it was the second prahar at that time. So there was no way the fire should be growing and roaring like it did. This can be a conspiracy to hurt the royals , anybody could have been hurted there and to think that only the Royal Family was there is spine chilling.

My head was spined with all the possibility. I can't wrap my head around this . Or maybe I am overthinking . While processing all this I sat in front of the mirror. Taking this as a clue Manya stood behind me to get me ready for bed.

Manya is my paricharika, usually she tends to my daily needs and helps me understand things. She is quite educated in different fields, teaching me the ways around royals. Her thin fingers worked their way gently removing my aabhushan. She finally reached out to my hairs and that instantly snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up towards her reflection in the mirror with a bit of annoyance. She looked up and I softly shook my head as a no. She withdrew her hands immediately.

Manya, please refrain from touching my hairs. I know you are here to assist me with everything and you are doing your duty but I don't like my hair being touched.

On my words she nodded and dismissed herself for the day. My words might have been rude but I am a bit sensitive with anyone touching my hairs except when it comes to jiji. I watched her small brown frame walk towards the door. Her thick black hairs neatly braided  swung with her each step . I wonder how do she remains so poised all the time.

I crashed in my bed after oiling and tidying up my hairs. The previous thoughts flooded my mind again. Ugh! I just want to sleep and forget about this day. Everything was bad today except for Vasudev's arrival. I subconsciously beamed pondering about his smile. The idea that he will be here in a way made me feel safer and I calmed down. The cold breeze of night sneaked up to me like a stealthy cat and lured me to sleep.

.

.

.

Hiiiiiiiiii everyone!!!!!! Firstly I know it has been a long long time since I have given any update. Well I am sorry to leave you all on waiting like this , I got caught up in college. But now I am well and back with more story to spill heheheh.... Let's see what happens next.      *(^o^)/*