Don't Fear The Reaper

It's been four days after the incident with Jake, the doctor said his cast will be removed in a week, his head looks a lot better thank the lord.

These past three days Jake has been a lot nicer to me, he's actually starting to be a brother to me and not a stranger.

I've learned new things about him that surprised me. I found out that he likes art but he made me pinky promise him not to tell anyone but if I did he said he'll kill me which made us both laugh.

He loves to paint and draw flowers especially orchids, when I asked him why he told me he didn't know. He walked by our neighbours garden a few months ago where there was a bunch of orchids.

He said the flower brings him peace. He didn't tell anyone because in his eyes drawing and painting flowers is 'girly'. He showed me his secret chest that he keeps under his bed where all of his paintings, drawings and his supplies are in.

They are beautiful. It's sad that he has a talent that he's scared to show the world and the fact that he believes its 'girly'. He said he brought his supplies online and told our parents it's just games.

I have never felt happier, he's opened up to me and told me his biggest secret, knowing that warmed my heart.

I smile as I grab my notebook and pen. Walking to the floor I look around and see one of our regulars. Making my way over I click my pen "Hey Belinda what can I get you? Your usual?".

Her face lights up "Oh yes please Lina that would be very nice" I nod my head whilst writing down her usual which is tomato soup, that woman is obsessed with it "Ok coming right up".

I turn and walk to the kitchen. When I peg the order I stop when I hear the cooks gossiping.

"Oh my god did you hear about that prostitute?! I saw it on the news yesterday" One of the cooks said "Oh yeah! Do you think she's dead?" Another one chuckled.

"Well what do you expect? She's a prostitute, I'm surprised someone reported to missing persons, I didn't know someone could care for a whore" The cooks cackle at the woman's comment.

I inhale deeply and clench my fists together, I can feel my nails almost breaking the skin, it hurts but I don't care in this moment. Who can say something so disgusting?

I feel like slapping her, stomping on her stomach, grabbing her hair and bang it on the corner of the metal table on her right, slicing her tongue off and shove it down her throat.

I feel like a wild animal ready to attack it's prey.

'No!'.

I'm drowning, drowning in this unknown darkness that I never knew I had. Demons whispering in my head telling me to do unspeakable acts.

They want to corrupt me. They want me to become one of them. A demon to cause havoc and chaos in the world.

They want me to feel like a God.

I snap out of my thoughts with a gasp "Lina!" My head whips up "Soups ready" I pick up the soup and deliver it to Belinda "Enjoy" She thanks me. I walk away scanning the room for a customer who seems ready to order.

My eyes land on a certain table that brings deja vu, but it's not just the table, it's the person that's sat there.

He's wearing the same clothes that he wore.

'It's not him, it's just a coincidence'.

I plaster a smile on my face and make my way towards the customer. At the table I greet him "Hello I'm Evangelina and welcome to Ambrose, can I get you anything?" I hear a chuckle.

"Strawberry milkshake please" I stop breathing.

'It's him'.

There's so much I want to say but I'm speechless, scared. I don't reply and walk to the milkshake machine. I can't think, my mind is empty.

Once I finish making the milkshake it was exactly like last time. He's gone and I see a folded piece of paper that I know is a note.

'Throw it away'.

'Rip it up'.

'Burn it'.

I want to do all of those things, but I don't. Curiosity always gets the best of me and I despise it especially in this moment. With shaky hands I place the milkshake on the table and pick up the note.

The last time I read his note I pushed my brother down the stairs.

'What will I do this time?'.

I gently open the note and read.

How did it feel? Unleashing the anger inside you.

Did it feel great? Relieving? Satisfying? Euphoric?

It feels good doesn't it?

What's holding you back Evangelina?

Embrace the darkness, embrace the demons. Accept them. They won't hurt you.

I stop for a second.

'They won't hurt me but they'll hurt others'.

I carry on.

Unleash your true side.

The quicker you accept them the easier it'll be.

Accept it Evangelina.

Love your demons like they love you.

Like I love you.

P.S Don't fear the Reaper.

I jump when I finish the last sentence, because right after the jukebox came on and the song that's playing is Don't Fear The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult.