-Afterlife Again-

The walk the was fast and quite, X didn't make any of her comments.

"Woah you have access to this place? I got kicked out for public indecency." I stopped walking and slowly looked over my shoulder and she started to laugh. "I am joking!"

"Thank g--" "It was for lighting a fire that burnt down half of the establishment."

"I should have expected nothing different." I could see her do that, she even looked proud of herself. "Please behave this time, I don't want to be on Rogue's hit list."

"She's the fixer? You have quite the acquaintances out there Kiwi."

"Maine, he got a few gigs and David, didn't outright talk with her before a few days back, I am surprised she even offered to call me for a job as she knew of what happened to the crew and I."

"Still, I am proud of you." She laughed as she pat my head, I swatted her hand away.

"Lets just move and keep your arms by your side, all six of them." I jerked my head, making her walk ahead of me so I could keep an eye on her.

It was late so there were a quite a few, Night City lives at night after all, I could see their gazes and even feel them on us, we are a weird duo after all, a dead woman and a six armed one knowing for psychosis.

"I can't say I missed you." Rogue walked out of nowhere, I never so her approach.

"Nice to see you too." X just smiled with a wave of a robotic arm. "Little Kiwi here said you had something for us."

"I expected her alone."

"Sorry but you know I can't do it purely alone." I said with a head shake.

"And you think I would have let her come alone? You are an insane woman in that case Rogue, the years have not been kind to you have they?"

"Stop it." I warned her. "I'm sor--" I cut off as she lifted an arm to shut me up.

"You never changed." She actually grinned. "Same old you."

"Maybe with a few modifications but yeah, so the job?"

"Always straight to the money.... Alright so there a duo selling XBD's, it is not my cuppa tea to deal with this but a client's found himself half a million to get us to intercept one of the XBD's that are meant to be sold of, I assume it have a family member on it from how such a man worked into getting that much money."

"Or maybe he wants it for himself." X offered.

"Very well, a possibility, but the deal will take place soon, what I need you to do is get the duo tracked, take care of it in anyway you want it, that I don't care and then find who the buyers would have been and eliminate them if they pose us a danger."

"That's high stakes for a first gig." I pointed out, many things could go awry in a multi step gig.  

"Of course, is something wrong with that?" She asked with a smile and eyes shooting a hole through me.

"No... We'll do it, just give us the information you have and we'll get on the way." I said.

"Pleasure doing business with with you, I expect results soon."

"Right, X, move it." I said as I left.

"She is testing you." She said when we were away from earshot from Afterlife bouncers and the music.

"I am aware, that's why we must succeed on this, this gauges what gigs we'll get in the future and how fast you'll get your money."

"Lovely."

"We'll need to be discrete so I'll go alone and you stick back."

"Hell if I would!" She switched moods to offended fast, it doesn't surprise me anymore.

"You stand out with those arms."

"They might be connected in my body but I can unlink them, I am much more capable then you think Kiwi, 'Saka's greatest mistake walks by your side."

"That again, will you finally tell me what you mean by that?"

"Ah... After the job if you let me tag along, I promise I'll be discreet." Am I about to regret this? Probably. Am I about to accept? Yes. I am quite interested in her past even if in Night City few have a past to share with anyone.

"Alright, it's a deal."

"Sweet!"

"I am going to regret this." I sighed.