Falco

I had an off feeling about the guy that had just come into my shop.

He didn't show up with anything to implant into him nor was he here to buy suppressants.

"Look choom, scram before I send you into orbit." It was like the hair on my neck was standing up, I didn't like him.

Rummaging through the half upper torso corpse I was given in exchange for suppressants this morning, it had a few useful parts and I away already messing up the order created a few days ago.

"I told you, I am just looking for someone that I have been told you have contact with."

This dude was looking for Kiwi and I didn't like it. What would such bastard want from here? Doesn't look like someone that roles with her.

<Ayo Kiwi, do you have people out for you?> I said in a call as I leaned on the table to look the dude up and down.

<Out of everyone in Nightcity? Of course, everyone has enemies.>

<Yeah but dude has a handle bar mustache is that's the name of that style and looks like he is going to ask me to kiss a ring to prove my loyalty.>

<Doesn't... Really narrow it down, I'll be back in a few minutes if you can't deal with him.>

<He is none violent which is why I even let him talk to me, and a picture?>

<Why?>

<The name's X.>

<Why you... No, no need I am almost back.>

<Fine.> I hung up. "So will you tell me why you are looking for this someone that is supposed to be known by me? I have not yet gotten any details."

"That's for me to know."

"Bucko I can't help knowing nothing."

"And I think we are talking about the same thing."

The metal 'fingers' on my two left arms slammed into the wall to his left, perforating the metal layer and digging into the concrete but the sheer power of the hit force, blocking him away from the door.

"If we are then do keep in mine that you are playing with fire." Sure my eyes were doing their nice little glitchy look, almost on purpose. "Because I'd happily discard and sell your body parts." A large grin accompanying it as the free arms snapped their fingers. "Another death would not weigh on my conscience."

But he was saved by one.

"I'm back, what's about this one... Falco."

"Kiwi." He greeted back.

"X please."

I pulled the arms out of the wall and shook them of, pulling them behind my and grabbing the ground with the two lower on, sitting back on them like chairs.

"We need to talk."

"Let's talk outside, you, wait here."

"As you want Kiwi, a word and I rip him limb from limb."

"There won't be a need for that."

---------------------------------------------

"It's weird." He said, looking over my shoulder still as I closed the door behind me and leaned on it, wanting to keep X out of this. "Out of everyone I'd think you wouldn't be the one running with a psycho."

"She is not dangerous, well... Everyone is, I mean as a psycho, more the obsessive type." Almost rambling.

I knew Rebecca would speak about getting Guts back but I didn't suspect Falco tracking me down.

I don't know, even with the ability to literally summon death with a word to X, I still didn't feel as confident.

This was like when I watched her fully psycho recording, he usually was loud and brash when angry but this was cold and contained anger, not something I was used too from him... But we hadn't seen each other in a long time.

"Sure, I would think she'd have taken you apart from how she acts and the rumors running the net."

"She saved, when the call cut off that night, she's the reason I am still here."

"I should thank her then."

"Falco, why did you track me down? You shouldn't have been able too, I have no net skeleton anymore."

"I admit it was hard to do so, not having found a body I thought scavengers got their hands one you but Rebecca showing back up with Guts? One person had a tracker on it and could have gotten it back after we've tried for months with Lucy. I just needed to search the area and ask around, something about a ghost from the past frequenting Afterlife."

"And why am I here talking to you?"

"Don't be so bitter Kiwi, I am not here because of the past or at least not fully."

"Then why?"

"I need a favor and we'll forget what you did to us."

I didn't answer, not having much to say but to just listen.

"Lucy has found someone new after David but Militech has gotten their hand on her. The idea is the promote a secret raid to take place at their base but not secret enough that no one knows about. People need to come in masses to be distractions. You are the better netrunner. Do something to create that and we are quits, you won't be bothered again and we'll move on."

"I... Can do that much."

"Good, pleasure doing business with you."

I watched him walk off, hand in pocket and smoking a newly lit cigar.

I watched even when he was gone, feeling like I needed to shiver but not enough to actually do it.

Sighing, and stopped leaning against the door and opened it, X having gone back to working on getting her implants from the remains of a half corpse.

"So, do I need to gut him?" She asked with a grin.

I just shook my head.

"No, we have a deal, that's all."

"What sort?"

"It doesn't matter... Will you help me?"

"Of course, what do you need?"

"A lot of ice." I simple said. "I have some work to do."