11

Angel Nevaeh Williams | 19

A month later.....

A lot happened last month. Me and Lo won the dance competition which meant that his scholarship for basketball was taken away. But he was granted a full ride dance scholarship to NYU and named valedictorian.

We also got signed a sponsorship deal as a duo with Nike and mane it's been a great ass experience. You prolly see us in hella commercials dancing in the newest drip and everywhere on TikTok just getting that bag promoting Nike.

Ooh and when I tell y'all the money we got from winning the competition was amazing, it's just a fucking understatement.

10.00 am

I woke up to my momma sleeping next to me in my bed and I was confused cause momma only slept in my bed when something was bothering her.

She looked real peaceful and i ain't wanna wake her up so i just slowly got up and went to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth, did my skin care routine and took a shower.

"Me. Can you focus on me. Baby can you focus on meee. Baby. Me. Can you focus on me. Baby can you focus, on mee." I sang Focus by HER in the shower.

By the time i got out the shower and dried off, Momma was awake and getting up out the bed.

"Morning momma." I said smiling at her.

"Morning baby." She groaned a bit while getting up and half smiled at me.

"Ima make breakfast you want some?" Momma said walking towards the door.

"Ma no worries i'll make some. Jus let me get dressed real quick." I said setting out some clothes.

"You sho baby? I can make it i know you got a lot of stuff to do before you go." She said.

"Yes momma. This way we can have breakfast together and spend some time together before i have to leave for NYU tomorrow." I said.

"Baby it ain't that far from here. Plus i can visit you whenever your free." She said faking a smile.

"Ma i know you gon miss seeing me everyday. And i'ma miss you too momma." I started tearing up and so did Momma. She gestured me to come and give her a hug and so i did. She then gave me a kiss on my forehead and left my room.

I quickly got dressed and put my hair in a ponytail and wore a cap on it.