Protective Charlie

Tw: mention of alcohol, fight/violences

Charlie followed Nick into the busy club and looked around. He coughed as the smell of smoke from cigarettes filled his lungs.

Charlie wasn't big on clubs; they're gross and dirty. he did just turn 18 and Nick wanted to be with Charlie the first time he went to a club. 

"I can't believe you actually got me in this place." Charlie made a face. Nick giggled and pulled Charlie up to the counter to order drinks.

"two diet cokes with a bit of vodka in them." Nick ordered.

Charlie looked around the crowded club. The teenager  didn't understand why people liked going to these places.

"Here luv you go let me know what you think." Nick handed Charlie the cup.

Charlie sipped it and shrugged "not as gross as I thought." He joked.

"Want to dance?" Nick hummed. Nick gently gripped his boyfriend's waist. This action caused Charlie to blush deeply. At least the club was dark so Nick couldn't tell or he wouldn't hear the end of it.

"I'd love to." Charlie hummed and sipped on his drink as Nick pulled him to the dance floor. It was very crowded, sweaty gross body's bumping against each other as everyone danced.

The only thing that Charlie was enjoying about the club was being with his boyfriend on his birthday.

"Do I dare to use the probably gross bathroom?" Charlie joked, shouting over the loud music so Nick could hear.

"It's not so bad." Nick assured and grabbed Charlies drink. "I'll wait for you here."

Charlie nodded in response and pushed past the crowd to get to the bathroom.

Charlie was trying so hard not to complain the entire time he was here. He knew Nick just wanted to celebrate with him.

Charlie would rather be snuggling on the couch in the living room with Nick then be here at the club. Least Nick is getting him out of his comfort zone.

Charlie finished using the bathroom and made sure to wash his hands. He left the lab and made sure keep an eye out for Nick as he made his way to the dance floor.

Charlie froze as he saw a guy talking to Nick. Now, Charlie usually wasn't the protective type. But since the guy was clearly making Nick uncomfortable.

The guy their age was dancing with Nick, gripping his upper arm. Charlie could tell Nick was uncomfortable since he was more tense then usual. This caused Charlie's jaw to tense. Only he could touch Nick like that.

With a mix of Jealousy and protectiveness, Charlie made his way over to Nick and the guy through the crowd.

"Babe!" Nick said in relief, hoping the guy would get the hint by now.

"so this is the boyfriend who abandoned you on the dance floor." The guy hummed and turned to Charlie. Charlie clenched his fists at his side.

"I didn't abandon him. I was gone for only 5 minutes. Also I don't like what I came back to Some guy hitting on MY boyfriend." Charlie sassed.

"Feisty," The guy chuckled and leaned into Nick, who rolled his eyes.

Charlie shoved the guy away from Nick the best he could. It didn't help that he was taller and more muscular then Charlie was.

"Did you just shove me?" The guy chuckled. Before anyone could register what was going to happen a punch flew to Charlies jaw, causing him to fall to the ground.

Nick's eyes went dark. He grabbed the guy who just punched his boyfriend and a fight soon broke out. Security rushed over and pulled them away from each other.

Charlie had to take a few seconds go get up from the ground. He rubbed his jaw, it was pounding in pain.

"You guys are banned from going to this club again. We don't allow violence. Out!" The security shouted at Nick, Charlie and the guy who stormed off before the security could grab him.

Nick helped charlie up and gently pulled him out of the club.

Charlie suddenly bursted into giggles, which caused Nick to look at him in surprise.

"Is giggling an appropriate response to what just happened?" Nick chuckled, looking at Charlie fondly.

"I never thought that on my 18th birthday, that I'd be kicked out of a club. with my boyfriend, Nicholas Nelson, the rugby king, who just beat up some dude because he punched me." Charlie said between giggles.

Nick snorted and pulled Charlie close by the hips.

"Speaking of which, is your jaw okay?" Nick gently touched the bruise that's already forming.

Charlie winced and swatted Nick's hand away. "Yes, yes I'm fine don't fuss over it." Charlie responded as they began to walk home.

Luckily the club was only a couple blocks from their homes, which Charlie considered an easy walk. Meanwhile Nick complained the whole way there.

They finally made it to Charlie's house in about 20 minutes; Charlie's was closer.

Nick kept telling Charlie that as soon as they got in he was going to get an Ice Pack, which charlie just simply rolled his eyes in response.

"You guys are home early." Julio hummed as they walked in.

Jane looked up from sipping her tea and froze in surprise as she noticed the bruise on her son's jaw. She rushed over to them and gently examined it causing charlie to whine.

"Momm, I'm fine it's nothing" charlie tried to say but it didn't help that Nick came over with an ice pack.

"What happened?!" Jane demanded. Charlie sighed and looked at Nick; he was to tired to explain.

"We went to the club to celebrate Charlie's birthday. Some guy hit on me which Charlie didn't like so he shoved him, then the guy punched Charlie. I instantly reacted and we got kicked out." Nick smiled innocently.

Jane shook her head with a sigh. "At least you got Nick to protect you." She said.

Charlie leaned into Nick, who was holding an ice pack to his jaw gently. "Yes, and he's got me to protect him too."