"She's my girlfriend!"

A/n: I wanted to write a one-shot on Tara and Darcy! I hope you guys like it :) If it's too sensitive to read, please don't feel bad about skipping it. I got emotional while writing it! Xx

TW: abuse

Tara sighed as she began to get ready for the school day. She was distraught; Darcy hadn't messaged her all weekend. Was she mad? Did something happen? One thing that Tara wished they did better in their relationship was communication. She was jealous of Nick and Charlie's relationship; all they did was communicate with each other.

Darcy was good at keeping plans and being there for her, but whenever they tried to talk about something serious, she turned it into a joke. What was going on for her to act this way? Was something happening that Tara didn't know about? She was determined to find it out. When Tara got to form, relief washed over her as she saw Darcy sitting in her seat. She walked over to Darcy and sat down, looking at her girlfriend with a worried expression.

"Hey, Luv." Tara kissed her softly; she was glad she didn't care about what people thought anymore. "Why didn't you text me all weekend? I don't mean to sound obsessive, but I was, I don't know, worried!" She rambled.

Darcy looked at Tara; she had dark circles under her eyes. She seemed exhausted, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stress you out. I was, uh, lost my phone charger!" She chirped with a fake smile. Tara could tell it was bogus; her smile didn't reach her eyes.

Tara sighed softly and nodded. She didn't want to push Darcy into telling her what was wrong if she didn't want to, which she didn't. "Did you do your part of the project for science class?" She asked since they were partners, as she grabbed her notebook from her bag.

Darcy chewed her lip. She was so busy trying to avoid her mom that she didn't have time to do her part of the project, she felt terrible. "No, I didn't." She chuckled, trying to turn it into a joke. Tara gave Darcy a 'really' expression before helping her with the work.
They never argued about classwork; Tara just helped her with it. That was one of the things Darcy loved about Tara: how helpful she was. She also loved that she never pushed her to talk about things she didn't want to. It was hard for her to talk about serious stuff, like her mom and how her mom treated her. Darcy leaned into Tara as they did their work. She felt guilty that she had to hide that part of her life from her girlfriend, but it was also to protect her.

Once class was done, Tara looked at Darcy, "Hey, do you want to come over after school?" She asked, more begged.

They hadn't hung out in two weeks, and she missed her snuggles and kisses like crazy. "I can't, sorry," Darcy said as she gathered her stuff. Tara looked at Darcy, "But we haven't hung out in so long!" She whined and grabbed Darcy's hand, trying to be playful.

But Darcy didn't take it that way; Darcy pulled her hand back, "You can't be mad at me for being busy, Tara." She walked out of class.

Tara stood there, stunned. Darcy had never been mad at her before. She said it with a playful tone, too, and thought she would know. Something was going on. Tara noted that after school, she would go to Darcy's house to talk face-to-face. The school day went by too slowly now that she knew Darcy was mad at her.

As soon as school was done, Tara went straight to Darcy's house. She never liked being there; she enjoyed being with Darcy, of course, but something at her house felt off. Or was it someone?

As Tara was about to ring the doorbell, she realized she never met Darcy's mom, even before they had started dating! Is that why Darcy was acting so weird and not letting her come over to hang out? Or why she wasn't allowed to hang out? Her mind spun as she tried to leave, but the door opened.

Darcy's mom, Ms.Olsson, stood there with an annoyed expression. "What are you doing here? I told Darcy she can't have her friend over."

"I'm just leaving." Tara rambled and yelped in surprise as Ms.Olsson shut the door in her face, causing it to hit her nose. She stumbled back and held her nose in pain, "Jesus, her mom is worse than I thought," Tara said to herself.

****

"Who was at the door?" Darcy rushed downstairs as she swore she heard Tara's voice at the front door.

"Oh, Nobody important." Ms.Olsson said with a deep sigh. Darcy peeked out the window, and her face fell as she saw Tara standing at the door on the steps, looking like a lost puppy. Tara was holding her nose in pain, meaning her mom had to have slammed the door in her face.

Anger boiled over her. "No, for fuck sake, Mom, She's my girlfriend!!" Darcy cried. She didn't care what her mom would do next. For once, she cared about protecting Tara.

Ms.Olsson shook her head and slapped Darcy hard, "I don't want you anywhere near me!" She shouted.

Darcy grabbed her jacket and pulled on her shoes, walking outside to Tara, not even acknowledging that her mom had slapped her. "Tara, are you okay?"

"I heard shouting, what happened?" Tara rushed over to Darcy with teary eyes as she noticed the slap mark. She looked at her girlfriend and cupped her face, "Oh Darcy....D-Did your mom slap you?" She whispered.

Darcy tried to hide her teary eyes; she hated showing signs of weakness. "Y-Yes, she did. That's why I've never wanted you to come over before. I'm sorry." She rambled. "Oh, none of that." Tara shook her head and hugged Darcy close. "You will come to my house and sleep over while your mom calms down. My parents love it when you come over." She assured.

Darcy clung onto Tara and hid in her shoulder, finally feeling safe again. "Okay." She agreed.