Simp

A/N: thank you saras1410 for the idea to write about Tao and Elle! I can't believe I haven't yet they are so cute, hope you guys enjoy them!

Tao sat at the picnic table, looking at Isaac who was unbothered as he read his book. "Charlie isn't sitting with us, again." Isaac looked up from his book for the first time the whole lunch period, "Yeah...so?"

"Charlie hasn't eaten lunch with us all week! Doesn't it bother you that he is replacing us?" Tao ranted as he fiddled with the Apple juice he kept accidentally buying for Elle.

One thing to know about Tao is he did not like change. It made the teenager's mind spiral.

He was still trying to get over the fact that Elle moved to Higgs, yes it was a good change for her but he missed her a ton.

Now, Charlie was ditching them to hang out with the "rugby king" Nick Nelson. It blew Tao's mind that Charlie wanted to talk to the rugby lad after all the bullying he had to go through the year before.

"Yeah, so?" Isaac repeated, raising an eyebrow. He didn't understand why Tao was so upset about it.

"He can't just abandon his friends," Tao grumbled and took a sip of the apple juice. Isaac sighed and set his book aside.

"you know Charlie would never abandon us, Tao. They're just in the honeymoon stage, they want to be together all the time. It's normal for couples." Isaac reminded.

"I just miss how things used to be. Before Nick came along." Tao sighed.

Isaac stared at Tao, "you mean back when Charlie was depressed? Look how happy he is now." He motioned over to Charlie who was sitting beside Nick by the rugby field, he was laughing at something Nick said.

"Yeah, I guess the golden retriever is good for something. Charlie's happy now, but I miss him being around. I miss the full gang." Tao admitted softly.

Isaac chuckled as he realized what this was really about.

It wasn't about Charlie, it was about how much Tao missed Elle. "This isn't about Charlie, this is about Elle isn't it?" Isaac asked.

Tao nodded in defeat, there was no point in lying to Isaac. Isaac was a people watcher and could instantly tell when people were upset.

"Yeah..." Tao sighed. "Ever since Charlie started not to sit with us, I realized how I just wanted to be with Elle. By her side all the time."

"Adorable." Isaac teased.

Tao glared but chuckled, "I like her a lot...I don't know what to do." He groaned in desperation. "Now that she's at Higgs, You should try to hang out with her more one on one," Isaac suggested.

"Yeah." Tao nodded and pulled out his phone. Isaac smiled at him before going back to his book.

Tao: how's it at Higgs?

Elle: good! Sitting with Darcy and Tara they say hi

Tao: well tell them I say hi back!

Tao wanted to facepalm, why was he so awkward whenever he talked to Elle? Maybe because she was so beautiful, it messed up his brain.

Tao: want to do a movie night tonight?

Tao stared at his phone, anxiously chewing his lip as he waited for her to reply.

Elle: sure! Who's turn is it to pick this time? I think it's Charlie's

Tao: I was thinking

Tao: maybe it could just be us

Tao: this time?

Elle: is it because you want to be the one who chooses the movie?

Tao: no! it's because I want to spend more time with you!

Elle: okay I'll be there at our usual time :)

Tao squealed out causing Isaac to get startled and look up from his book. "She sent a smiley face!" Tao fangirled with a blush.

Isaac snorted and looked back at his book, "such a simp."