𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅

Chapter Six: Paranoia

━─────╮៚╭─────━

OSANO AND TAEKO walked to the entrance of Akademi High as they engaged in a nice conversation. Students passed by, calmly walking to the lockers to change their shoes. Lovely chatters filled the front of the building of the school as the two remained unbothered. The two were unaware of the pair of dark and dull eyes watching them from a certain distance.

A (h/c)-haired psychic witnessed all of these events happen even if she was still entering the school grounds. "What's that book you're always reading, Taeko-senpai?" Osano began, his eyes wandering over to the object being held by the older student beside him. "Oh, this? It's a very special book...my brother gave it to me," Taeko glanced over to the book that she was holding with a smile on her face, recalling the very memorable moment when the book was given to her.

"What's it called? What's it about?" Osano questioned with a reasonable amount of curiosity filling him up inside. "If you're really interested, I'd be willing to let you borrow it... but you have to promise to take good care of it," she reminded him while raising her pointer finger upwards. She didn't find a reason to not let Osano explore the things that she was invested in, perhaps it might even help her childhood friend realise why she loves reading so much. The ginger was surprised at this, he didn't think that Taeko would let him borrow something so important to her.

That just made him think that he must have a special place in her heart to be able to get permission to borrow the things that she values most. It was a great sign, this could lead to the things he wants it to be and he just has to work hard enough to get that answer. Slightly flustered, he wasn't able to spit out the right words for that as he remained stunned at the outcome of the conversation. 

"R─really you... you'd let me..."

"─I... I mean of course, I'd take good care of it! That's obvious!" He managed to regain his composure and acted like he usually does in just a few seconds. "Alright then... I'll let you borrow it for just one day. Return it to me when school is over, okay?" Taeko happily reached out her book to Osano. "Yeah, I will!" He slowly grabbed the book from her, happiness filling him. As soon as they arrived inside, they bade their goodbyes to each other and parted ways.

Osano made a beeline toward his best friend, Raibaru, as he changed his shoes to his ubawaki. "How did it go, Osano?" Raibaru enthusiastically questioned the ginger head man right away, hopeful that his best friend's romantic advances toward Taeko were satisfactorily progressive. "It actually went... surprisingly well! She let me borrow something─a book. It was a gift from her brother," Osano blissfully told the ex-club leader of the martial arts club.