𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗲𝗻

Chapter Ten: Silly Prank

━─────╮៚╭─────━

THE COOKING CLUB leader pushed the metallic cake pan inside the oven before setting up the heat and the timer. It had been a while since Amao and Saiki started preparing the cake together. Despite the short responses he received, the young baker was glad he was able to get to know the new member of the club more. He was quite a positive person, he didn't think badly about how Saiki acted around him and assumed that's how he is and appreciated his assistance throughout the work.

"I'll be off now, Odayaka-san!" Saki waved at their club leader, carrying a tray with her that she was planning to offer to the students roaming around the hallways. "Yes, don't forget to come back later. We will have to formally welcome our new member," Amao smiled at the cyan-head before waving back a hand to her. Once the girl left the club room, the brunette turned his head back to the silent psychic who was waiting for him to say anything.

"We just have to wait for a while, thank you for helping. I'm happy I was able to get to know you more," Amao shyly grinned down at the girl, wiping his hands with a cloth in the process. Obviously, Y/n didn't return that enthusiasm as much as he had. At this point, nothing will be able to do so unless it's connected to her favourite dessert. "You know… you don't have to stay here, since the cake will be baking for a while. It's okay if you do something else to keep yourself entertained, maybe around 40 minutes you can come back," He told her. 

'I was just thinking the same thing, I forgot to get my drink earlier at lunch,' Saiki thought inside her head while she gave the club leader a nod. "Great! If you need anything, I'll be here, you can always approach me and I'll be happy to help," with his sweet and honeyed voice, he gave her a soft smile on his lips. With a swift bow, Y/n left the cooking club and nonchalantly made her way to the other side of the school.

Hanging out with Amao was a decent experience. Although he was always trying to initiate a conversation with her, it was all because he was trying to lighten the mood. He wasn't exactly invasive, he didn't ask her personal questions that made her feel uncomfortable. He asked her about her preferences on things which were all about food, Saiki was not surprised at all and she didn't mind it. She was able to see how impeccable Amao's culinary skills were and it left a rather good impression.

Since they were going to be clubmates now, the young psychic was certain she'll get to see more of his capabilities inside the kitchen. In fact, it didn't even look like Amao needed her help. But she appreciated the fact that he didn't want her to feel out of place, that's why he asked her to help him prepare the batter. Even if she thought that he was a decent person, she shouldn't let her guard down. Amao was also one of Aishi's rivals for Taeko Yamada's affection.