One

Vaelerys sat silent in the hot carriage as her handmaid batted her with a fan

Vaelerys sat silent in the hot carriage as her handmaid batted her with a fan. They had arrived at port not long ago and were not accustomed to the heat. Driftmark had a humid chill while Dorne only had scorching dry heat.

Aurane had accompanied his sister toDorne. Aurane  disapproved of the union that was to be put forth. His sister was only seventeen and the notorious whoring Red Viper was fourty-two with a bastard nearly old enough to be Vaelerys mother. 

Monford had arranged the union in light of the war. The Crownlands needed help close to Kings Landing and Vaelerys Velaryon was the most eligible maiden despite how poor house Velaryon had become.

Princess Myrcella Baratheon already was promised to the first son to Sunspear, Prince Trystane Martell. But despite the many pleading letters, Prince Doran refused to send troops to aid in the war. He despised the Lannister and Tyrells a like, and he wished not to shed Dornish blood for the sake of a bastardly ruined crown.

The Lannisters knew not to test or demand of the Dornish, they wouldn't hesitate to side with Robb Stark, as Baratheons they favored none either. They also feared for the Princess Myrcella's safety.

Doran Martell was a widowed man and had no interest in remarrying but he was in need of more direct family to support his daughter Arianne once she ascended as Princess of Dorne. Yes he had his eight bastard nieces, but they were bastards and as wild as their unmarried father who's life long companion was also a Sand.

Doran accepted Monford Velaryons proposal to Oberyn as the Lady Vaelerys held both Targaryen and Dornish blood. Her family was also highly favored and currently sponsored by the Lannisters in light of the war. She would be good leverage to further separate Dorne from the politics of the capital. Doran only wanted to isolate his country from the corruption of the rest of the continent. And possessing the Princess and Lady Velaryon made it easier for him, as the Velaryons manned the entirety all of the oceanic defense of Kings Landing. The Lannister fleet had long been destroyed since the Greyjoy rebellion.

"Are you frightened my Lady?" Her handmaiden asked.

Vaelerys looked to the girl and sighed.

"I accepted my fate of being used as a brood mare long ago dearest Loiya. I fear not the fate my brother had damned me to." She looked out the cracks of the designs on her window.

All she saw was sand, except for a small twinkling of gold in the distance. She assumed it must have been Sunspear.

"Do you not fear... what he might make you do? He has eight bastards and they say he likes to lie with men just as much as he does women! They say he never sleeps within the walls of Sunspear, only upon the sex scented sheets of a brothel." Vael turned red in embarrassment at her handmaids brash language.

Loiya apologized profusely as Vaelerys gave the girl a hard look. Loiya was married and well versed in the language of sex. Vaelerys was not.

The carriage stopped at the sound of horses hooves approached. Aurane outside upon his horse could be heard speaking to the men.

"Is the Lady Velaryon within the carriage?" A deep and threatening voice spoke.

Her brother told the truth to the Dornish man but was startled as a young woman dressed in revealing garb opened his sisters carriage.

"Obara Sand! Step away from the a Prince Oberyns betrothed!"

The hard looking yet beautiful woman grabbed the delicate arm of the Velaryon girl throwing her into the sands of the Dornish desert.

Vaelerys cried out as sand entered her nose mouth and eyes. As she wiped away the sand from her eyes she heard the sound of hissing.

Five women stood around her, dressed in revealing leather armor in hand with spears and whips. Vaelerys knew she had been captured by the Sand Snakes, Prince Oberyns daughters.

"Sand Snakes! At order of your Prince Doran of Dorne, Lord of Sunspear, step down at once!" The large Dornish guard roared as his stallion bucked.

Aurane unsheathed his sword pointing at the snakes which surrounded his young sister.

"Our mother wishes to see her. I believe it's her right to meet the woman who will marry her paramour." One of the girls said as urged her spear forward at the man.

"Step down Kegos and you will live another day."

The groups was interrupted by a woman approaching, covered in black sheer clothes around her head and mouth. The Sand Snakes stood down, raising their spears to the sky.

"Mother." Three of them noted.

Vaelerys stood to her feet as the woman approached on horse. She didn't uncover her face, only looked the Velaryon girl up and down as her horse pranced.

"When i said fetch her for me I did not intended for you to initiate battle between Kegos the Krippler and The Bastard of Driftmark." She said as she looked to the daughters of Oberyn Martell.

Vaelerys had not disappointed her in beauty. She was short and plump yes, but her face held the haunting beauty of a Valyrian. Ellaria Sand could see the Dornishman in her cheekbones and sharp almond eyes. She was pale as snow, her fair skin was already reddened by the sun for the small time she was in the light. Ellaria noticed the vibrant turquoise eyes she shared with her brother. It was said the eldest was the only one to possess the Valyrian violet. The one who had sold this little girl to a grown man.

Ellaria knew Oberyn would not be pleased. He preferred dark beauties, tanned skin, black hair, and cold eyes with warm lips. She had shared many lovers with him and never had been intrigued to bed anything different.

"I wish you no harm child. I was only curious is all. Come girls. Carry on Kegos." She said before turning her horse and heading back in the direction of the glistening gold in the horizon.