Nineteen

For the remainder of her time in Starfall, Vaelerys was alone. Oberyn had completely disappeared from the castle, only reemerging the day of their leave. Scars of love evident on his neck as he arrived at the carriage to accompany his wife. It was raining in Western Dorne, so he joined her in the carriage.

They refused to look at one another as they rode silently to the next lords keep. Oberyn tried to hide his disappointment at her return to wearing more conservative gowns. Dornish silks revealed her milky virgin skin no longer. A teal gown detailed with the Velaryon seahorse in silver thread armored her to the top of her neck from his eyes. Her silky platinum hairs were hidden from him, high upon her head in a crown of braids.

Vaelerys occasionally would let her eyes wonder to his exposed chest. He wore a deep maroon tunic covered in sunset orange serpents. The color looked ravishing on his clean shaven chest. She received a strange comfort as she watched his chest rise and fall with every breath. His longs legs crossed and were dangerously close to hers from across the carriage.

Her eyes wandered to the marks on his neck as he closed his eyes. There were four, one below his left ear, one on his nap, and two on his collar bones. She subconsciously tightened her grip on her skirt, her knuckles turning white.

"You could give me more." His long lips curled into a smirk as he kept his eyes shut.

Vaelerys turned the same shade as his tunic as she quickly looked away. He opened his eyes to observe her shade, eyeing her thin fingers as she tugged on a curled hair near her ear.

Her eyes darted to his face as she felt him taking her in. Her redness grew as she noticed his eyes observing her from head to toe shamelessly.

"I don't like this dress. It hides too much..." He spoke in a hushed tone, only really speaking to himself.

"This dress was a gift from Monford, it was supposed to be the dress I wore to our wedding but I traded it for a Dornish style to please your eyes, which I no longer have the wish to entertain. I hadn't the chance to wear it yet and this is the first time in three months I have felt the chill of rain."

The sound of low thunder filled the silence which consumed the carriage. Oberyn only stared at her with eyes of hidden meaning.

"Wh-who gave you those?" She bravely asked as her blush returned. She nodded to the marks on his body as his fingers played at his collar.

"A whore. Couldn't tell you her name as I only called yours."

Vaelerys choked as she inhaled harshly.

On Dragonstone a raven had arrived with the red seal of House Lannister written in the Queen Regents hand.

The silver haired man stood casually in the historic strategy room of the Targaryens, a false King and a Red Priestess waiting for him to read the letter aloud.

It had been two weeks since Aurane Waters left Kings Landing, or more so, the bed of Cersei Lannister.

"Aurane, read." The stern Baratheon ordered.

With a hesitant swift motion he used his blade to break the seal.

"I write on behalf of the King to inform you, Aurane Waters, bastard of Aethon Velaryon, have been declared a traitor to the crown, for conspiring with the usurper Stannis of the House Baratheon.

Your brother Monford Velaryon has married the Lady Redwyne. Prepare to die at your brothers hand if you dare to cross that bay with my good-brother.

Your lovely sister Princess Vaelerys travels now in Dorne from Starfall, it would be a shame to die only mere days after blossoming into womanhood. I'm sure her barbarian husband would enjoy the emancipation. Perhaps he could finally divulge his hungry appetite in her corpse. I'll be sure to send what's left of her to your brother.

It would be a shame to see two more dragons die. Tread your waters carefully, Aurane."

The room was silent as Aurane's grip tightened on the parchment. Cersei had threatened Vaelerys. The King watched the young man carefully. Ser Davos had silently entered.

"Do her threats to your sister cause fault in your loyalty?" Stannis Baratheon inquired, not a hint of distaste or anger present in his voice.

Ser Davos stood quietly behind the man who looked strikingly like the late Prince Rhaegar.

"I will not lie, my King. My sister is my fight. I do not for my own ego in its entirety. I fight for respect and I fight for her. She will be chained down no longer but death is not the emancipation I will allow."

Stannis looked away as the Red Woman strode across the room her red dress catching brightness in the fire.

Aurane thought her attractive but in his stressed state, he could not make a cheeky comment. He stayed still as her warm hand clasped his jaw tenderly. Her red eyes boring into his turquoise.

"He does not lie. All I see is her in the reflection of his eyes. They are... true Valyrians, my King. Lovers since they were small. A brothers love truly is unconditional." She mused.

Aurane looked away ashamed at the airing of his affair with his sister. His sharp eyes caught the disgusted look of Ser Davos, although the King appeared to think nothing of it.

"You are of pure Valyrian descent Aurane. Your incest is not a violation under the Exception Laws. I see nothing punishable. But I need you at my council and if your sister is in the way of that we will have to find a solution. Melisandre, could you see the girls future? Give the boy some comfort, she will be safe."

The woman looked away from the balcony over looking the sea. She gave an unsettling smile as she looked to Aurane.

"Of course my King. Though I will need something of the girls body. Blood works best but, some lovers choose to carry locks of their lovers hair no?" She gave a knowing glance to the bastards pocket where he subconsciously fingered the silver hair tied with a turquoise bow.

"No." He said coldly.

The King gave the bold young sailor a fatherly glare, one he had seen many times from his father. Auranes hand shook as he handed the precious hair to the Red Woman.

When the silver hair met the crimson flames brightness consumed the room like the sun had erupted. Even Melisandre flenched away from the raging flame, it's intensity hurting her own eyes.

"She will burn, brighter than she is yet to know..."