Twelve

Oberyn moaned as he felt Ellaria's hand play at his waist. The sun shown brightly through the thin curtains of the brothel.

"It is dawn my love." She soothed in his ear.

Ellaria had returned deep into the night. He had gotten drunk in the brothel and remembered little of what occurred after the events at the pub.

He rolled over on his side, his eyes squinted as he played with her hair.

"Tell me, what did she say?" His morning voice soothed.

He faintly saw Ellaria grimace in disgust.

"First thing you do when you wake up is ask about her?"

He huffed as she quickly pulled herself from the bed. The quick padding of her feet heading towards the door where a table of food and beverages stayed filled his ears.

Ellaria poured a bottle of Arbor Gold. Oberyn gave a playful disgusted look. She popped herself a glass of Gold and he a Dornish Red.

She climbed swiftly over the end of the bed, her naked figure enticing him. She handed him the goblet, nuzzling herself in his side.

"She didn't take it well. I didn't even get to finish-"

Oberyn sighed heavily throwing his head into the feathered pillow. He glared as Ellaria threw her open hand hard against his sensitive bare chest.

"She got the gist of it. The rest she will torment Doran for. And he can't weasel his way out of this one. He has a soft spot for her, I know well you can see it Oberyn. Should have married her instead of forcing you." She scuffed.

Princess Vaelerys had stayed all day within her chambers with her maids Samira and Loiya. She was stuck within her mind, taking comfort in her bed and nightgown as she thought about her life and decisions.

Decisions. Something she used to not possess. Decision allowed for mistakes and challenges. She favored neither. For the first time in her life the weight of making a decision fell upon her shoulders, and she was crumbling beneath the boulder.

"Princess, you have not eaten. You should rise." Loiya whined as Vaelerys laid, her eyes solemn as she looked to her balcony.

Loiya looked to Samira. Loiya was passive in nature and in her few weeks in Dorne she learned quickly Samira was not one to stray away from confrontation.

"Princess if you do not rise, I will summon your husband. I'm sure he wouldn't have kind words to leave you. Lounging around, making no use of yourself, which is shaming him. Here in Dorne we don't take kindly to weak people." Samira crossed her arms as she laid down the gown she was sewing.

She didn't truly mean her words. She only meant to poke the bear to get it to rise. Samira had no intention to truly hurt or humiliate her lady.

Vaelerys brow furrowed. She slowly sat up, her mouth turned downward, her brows knit, and her eyes cold. For a moment, Samira was frightened.

Loiya had never seen Vaelerys' kind face turn so foul. She quickly sat up from the princesses bed, weary of showing the deemed amount of respect.

"Get the fuck out you ungrateful Dornish whore."

Samira's tanned face turned to white. Vaelerys spoke with the venom of a viper. Her words held a cruelty Loiya had never known, and Samira was surprised of its very existence.

She sat up, silver strands messily laced behind her ears. Her face never changed.

"I SAID LEAVE!" She roared. Her teeth shown with her lips curled. Loiya flenched at the abruptness of the outburst.

Samira bowed her head and quickly left the room. Loiya followed her, weaseling out of the room like a mouse.

Loiya hoisted up her thin summer dress, her sandals echoing in the hall as she ran to catch up with Samira.

"Samira!" She yelled after her, but she was out of sight.

As Loiya rounded the corner she left two strong hands grab hold of her. She closed her eyes in fear but opened them to a pleasant surprise of beautiful sapphires, honeyed skin, and Valyrian silvers.

"Loiya, is all well? You seem startled?" Arstan Dayne spoke sweetly to her. Loiya saw the appeal which intrigued Princess Vaelerys in that moment. Arstan Dayne had a way about him.

Loiya thought of her husband, and quickly adverted her thoughts.

"No Lord Arstan, Samira has ran off. I-I need to find her."

Arstan was never fond of Loiya, he thought her dim witted and not deserving company of the princess. She would often speak with Vaelerys when they were together, distracting her from him. But he had never shown his true feelings towards the older woman.

"Samira just ran by. She gave me a strange look. Is everything alright? Are you alright Loiya? It's important for Vaelerys you are well taken care of." He chose his words wisely to help get answers from the plain woman.

She paused, her mouth open but teeth clenched as she looked back down the hall behind her.

"Princess Vaelerys is not well. The Ellaria Sand came to her room last night. She- ... she did not leave the Princess with pleasurable words. Samira she... well... she spoke against her to which Vaelerys scolded her!And I am scared she is going to act rashly! Please tell me where she went!"

Arstan hesitated. He knew Ellaria was jealous of Vaelerys so she would do nothing to tear her away from him. He kept the Princess away from her beloved. He assumed she probably insulted and shamed her, but part of him worried for the small chance she told Vaelerys of his deeds.

Arstan Dayne sent Loiya on her way. He ventured to the room of the angered dragon.