Two

"They say it's been three years since Prince Doran left the Water Gardens to stay in Sunspear. When I see the bastard he'll be lucky I don't cut his eyes out. Marrying a child to a grown man." Aurane spat as he fixed his large sailors hat upon his head.

They had arrived at the beautiful wonder that was Sunspear. Porcelain tiles were made into every floor, gold enticed the walls and ceilings. It was far more beautiful that Castle Driftmark or any keep Vaelerys had seen. The Rhoynar's culture was rich as well as their wallets.

"Welcome, Lady Vaelerys. It is an honor to meet you." An older looking man with haunting green eyes spoke as she approached the Velaryons.

Vaelerys assumed he must be Prince Doran and curtsied to the man.

"Prince Doran. It is a honor to unite our houses."

Prince Doran was impressed by the Velaryon. For a lady of Westerosi culture she held herself well. She did not hide away or smile timidly. Though she seemed quiet in nature, she held herself as a noble and not a shy little girl.

"Doran Martell, I find this union personally revolting. Have you forgotten the age of my sister, she is only of ten and seven, your brother of fourty and two. A child bride it seems the Dornish prefer?"

Aurane trotted forward his usual smirk gone with the tide. Vaelerys cringed as her brother disrespected the prince. But she noticed quickly Prince Doran remained stone-faced.

"I do apologize Aurane Waters. I had thought to engage my son Trystane to Lady Velaryon but he is promised to Princess Myrcella Baratheon. I also considered my elder son Quentyn who is the same age as Lady Vaelerys but he is in Essos for an indefinite period and is promised also to another."

Vaelerys reached for her brothers hand, attempting to pull him away from his proximity to the prince.

Vaelerys felt her face warm as a beautiful man welcomed himself into the room. Her brother furrowed his brow. The man's smile was crooked, his nose large, yet he held a masculine beauty. He was tall, lankey yet muscular. He was her betrothed, the Red Viper.

The woman from earlier she knew as his lover Ellaria Sand strode behind him still dressed in a mourning black. Vaelerys thought it calculated.

She cringed as the flamboyant man sighed standing in front of her, grasping her hands in his. He paused for a moment studying her before kissing her knuckles. He chuckled as she disgustedly retrieved her hands. Vaelerys did not like being touched.

"Sorry my Lady, but here in Dorne we are very intimate with new friends. I must apologize for my daughters behavior earlier, it was no way of them to treat their new family. I have heard you have also met my love, Ellaria. She is mother to three of my eight girls. She is a good woman i promise you both will get along fine." He smiled as Vaelerys frown increased.

"Is polygamy another queer custom of your people Prince Doran?" Vaelerys asked with a worry in her eyes as her brother, the notorious sailor, spat at Prince Oberyn's feet.

Vaelerys watched as Oberyn Martell looked slowly to the spit upon his shoe, playing with his tongue in his mouth as he lifted his foot.

"Oberyn, I asked you not bring Ellaria. And I would like to know how my nieces disrespected Lady Velaryon." Doran scolded.

"I had asked the snakes to keep watch of the carriage and report to me about the girl. But Obara had taken it upon herself to rip Lady Velaryon from her carriage. It was resolved, nothing to worry over Doran." Ellaria soothed as she wrapped herself around Oberyns arm.

Despite Vaelerys lack of connection to her betrothed she still felt insulted by the display. She was of high birth, yet this lords bastard insulted her in front of a prince.

Vaelerys had no true ill will towards bastards. Her beloved brother was one, but she knew there was a difference in her and Aurane. He was born in sin, just as Ellaria was, and she was born under the direction and blessings of the Gods.

"Aurane, i think we should go home. Prince Doran, perhaps your son Quentyn shall return. If his proposal is to be dissolved I would gladly accept his hand. Prince Oberyn does not appear to be interested in a matrimonial unification." Vaelerys bowed as Doran Martell looked to his brother with displeasure.

"Lady Vaelerys, my brother will not shame you while I live. The Ellaria Sand is mother to three of his bastards. You must understand there will be ties to her. I had assumed your brother would have told you. I am sorry if my brother has disrespected you my lady."

"Disrespected? The man has a whore hanging from his arm in the presence of my sister-"

Aurane hissed as a knife was held against his throat. Prince Oberyn gritted his teeth as he looked into the sailing bastards eyes.

"She is many things, but no whore, bastard."

Vaelerys looked to Ellaria Sand. The woman smiled at her lovers defense. Vaelerys knew this union would be the death of her if it was to transpire.

Vaelerys knew of Oberyns reputation. He was a sex obsessed maniac who the people of Dorne adored. He was the best fighter in the entire country, his eight daughters all equaled second.

Vaelerys had detested the union but had not challenged her brother. She knew if she were to fight he would not hesitate to punish her or wed her to someone even more horrific.

"That's enough!"