Chapter 24

Another dragon

Cale was shocked but non the less he picked up the small dragons and walked out of the prison with them in hand.

After coming out of the prison, Cale put the dragon down in front of the two kittens.

"That looks like it hurts."
"So sad."

On and Hong circled around the still silent dragon. The black dragon started to show its teeth and growl at them. Well the red dragon stood close to the other one. It almost looked faint. This was probably the first time in its life it ever saw anything other than humans.

Cale verified the time on his watch. It looked like they had just enough time to escape.

"It looks like it hurts."

On approached Cale and tapped his leg. She seemed to be thinking about the potion Cale brought in his magic box. She couldn't ask him for it, so she could only act this way.

"Hold on."

Cale had brought that potion to use it. However, he needed to wait until the mana restriction chains were off. The potion would only work properly if the mana, which was practically as important as a dragon's heart, was no longer restricted
"Let's see."

Cale started to pat the cave wall with his hands. He kicked the torturer with his foot to get him out of the way, and continued to pat every aspect of the wall. The dragons growled after seeing the torturer, but stayed still and continued to focus on Cale.

Now we're did Rok Soo say it was

'Venion's last line of defense should be around here somewhere.'

No one knew about this escape route.

There was a flat area about the size of a person's hand on this bumpy cave wall. Although Venion looked like he had OCD and would never do anything like training, everyone in the Marquis's family had learned martial arts.

If you use a strong enough force on that location, the wall will open. Cale thought remembering Rok Soo's words

It was not a magic device. Instead, the force of the impact made the device move. Cale turned his head to look toward the person who entered and asked.

"All done?"
"Yes."

Rok Soo came back and looked ant the man on the ground with hatred

Boom!

Before Rok Soo could explain how the escape worked Cale had punched the wall

"Wow."
"Oh."

Cale picked the dragon back up while the kitten siblings were admiring what happened.

Screeeeeeeech-
The door opened

"Let's go."

.
.
.

The dragons were confused

Rather than any gratitude for saving them, they  seemed to be filled with thoughts of terror about being tortured by someone else, as well as anger and resentment toward humans.

"Stop staring at me like that."

Rok Soo casually talked to the dragon in his arms.

Cale held the dragon tightly in his arms, determined to protect the small but mighty creature.

The dragon just continued to watch him. Cale and Rok Soo's black clothes started to become covered in the dragon's blood.

"There is a wall in front of us."
"Hit the center of the wall with your fist with the same strength as before. Then we will continue to run as discussed."
"I understand!"