Chapter 19

3rd P.O.V.:

It has been six months since Sofia has become a protector and since then she has attended about 4 out of the 16 protector meetings. So when she had learnt that there had been another human protector she thought maybe she would finally be able to have someone help her solve her problem with the lies.

Chyrsta had delivered her a letter with details on when and where she would be able to meet this mystery protector. The fight that happened a few nights ago was still playing on repeat in her mind, she was looking forward to the meeting tonight that Chrysta had told her about.

Sofia excused herself from dinner and made her way to her room, awaiting the arrival of Skye.

Hugo, on the other hand, had been using training as a way to distract himself from the argument. Orion circled him as he punched at the dummy.

"Your breathing, Hugo," Orion commented.

"Breathe with your punches, this will help your stamina, you got the rhythm right, but you also sometimes forget to control your breaths when you throw out your shots," Orion noted.

Hugo nodded as he jabbed again, trying his best to conserve his energy.

"Breathe in, hold, shoot and release."

Hugo followed along.

"That's it, now you're getting it!"

"Now, try two jabs and a duck, then release your breath."

Hugo attempted what was asked of him.

"You released too early," Orion walked over, and placed his hand over the lower half of Hugo's torso, "remember to breathe with your core in mind."

Hugo nodded again, going back for a few more tries.

"Now that you've become accustomed to your enchantlet, you need to go back to the basics of learning battle defence, now that you have perfected both skills separately, we will go forward on bringing the two together," Orion stated.

Hugo nodded in response.

"Right then, let's close off with some stretches."

As they stretched, Orion interrupted the silence, "oh yeah, I forgot to mention, there's a meeting tonight."

"Okay... and?" Hugo asked somewhat confused.

"And you will be meeting the other human protector," Orion stated like it was nothing.

"I'm sorry, what?!" Hugo asked, quite baffled.

"What?" Orion asked, genuinely confused.

Hugo shook his head in disbelief, "Another human? And you never thought to tell me about them?"

"Never thought it was important enough to bring up," Orion answered casually.

"How come we've never come across each other?"

"Dunno, just happened, it was never intentional to keep you two away from each other."

"And you mention this now?"

"Eh, slipped my mind," Orion laughed it off.

Hugo scoffed in bewilderment. The more Hugo thought about it, the more excited he became, a friend that would relate to his worries. Hopping up, Hugo ran to have a quick shower before the meeting.

With each passing minute in her seat, Sofia could feel the excitement and nerves bubble in her stomach. She fiddled around with her fingers, waiting for the other human protector's arrival. She sat while everyone else mingled before the meeting began.