Chapter 22

3rd P.O.V.:

Immediately the guards rushed around looking for anyone to ordain the marriage.

Within 15 minutes, Aunt Tilly had been rushed into the room, the guards had already explained the situation to her on their way back, and immediately she started the process for the official marriage ceremony, a rushed version that would still fulfil the needs of a real marriage ceremony.

Aunt Tilly first rushed in, she was shocked to say the least, her face cringed as she witnessed her niece in that condition.

"Tilly?!" Roland exclaimed a little confused, but before he could question anything, his thoughts were interrupted.

"Roland, what is going on?" Tilly shouted, approaching the two screaming children.

"I-I'll explain later just please, help them!"

Tilly nodded, standing between their beds, she slowly grabbed Sofia and Hugo's hands.

"We need rings, first and foremost, while someone gets rings, I'll start on officiating the two." Aunt Tilly commanded, turning back.

Instantly, James rushed off to the jewellery room looking for rings.

"To begin, we offer this to the ancestors that carried the pride for both Enchancia and Albuquerque, we ask and invite wellness and happiness as a witness and to celebrate the union of two noble souls in the sacred bonds of matrimony. As we offer our gratitude for the love that brings us together on this joyous occasion. May this ceremony be a reflection of the love and commitment that Princess Sofia the first of Enchancia and Prince Hugo of Albuquerque share."

Tilly continued, closing her eyes and squeezing the two hands. By now, the screaming had started to calm down.

"Prince Hugo of Albuquerque and Princess Sofia the first of Enchancia, today you stand before these witnesses, your families, and your subject- uh just family, ahem, to declare your intent to enter into the sacred covenant of marriage."

"Prince Hugo of Albuquerque, do you, of your own free will, take Princess Sofia the first of Enchancia to be your lawfully wedded wife, to honour and cherish, in times of prosperity and adversity, until the end of your days?"

"Yes, I do," Hugo managed to grit out.

"Princess Sofia the first of Enchancia, do you, of your own free will, take Prince Hugo of Albuquerque to be your lawfully wedded husband, to honour and cherish, in times of prosperity and adversity, until the end of your days?"

"Yes, I-I do," Sofia hissed out. Squeezing Tilly's hand even harder.

"May the rings be presented." Tilly paused, waiting.

No response.

"Where is James?" muttered Roland, getting anxious.

They waited another minute, and slowly the screaming came back. Just as Roland was about to send guards out, James ran in, slamming the doors open, running straight to Tilly. He handed her two beautifully carved gold rings with intricate designs and diamond embellished within the circumference.

Tilly continued, "the exchange of rings is symbolic of the unbroken circle of love and commitment. As you place the ring on each other's finger, let it signify the eternal nature of your union."

As Tilly said this the two forced themselves into sitting positions and faced each other.

"Prince Hugo, as you place the ring on Princess Sofia's finger, repeat after me: 'With this ring, I thee wed, and pledge my love and loyalty.'"