Chap - 8 Meeting romances

As Jiayi and Kunti stood on the tranquil banks of the Ganga, the gentle lapping of the sacred waters against the shore filled the air with a soothing melody. Jiayi's reverence for the river was palpable as she bowed her head in prayer, her words a whispered invocation to the water spirit that dwelled within its depths.
"Thank you, dear. For accompanying me."
"Its my pleasure, Queen Dowager."
Jiayi replied with a happy grin.
Jiayi's reverence for the river was palpable as she bowed her head in prayer, her words a whispered invocation to the water spirit that dwelled within its depths.
"Mother always described Ganga as the lifeline of our kind, a source of strength and purity."
Kunti listened intently, her eyes reflecting the reverence and wonder in Jiayi's words.
"It's truly remarkable how the river holds such significance for your people. The reverence in your voice speaks volumes."
"Yes, every ripple in the water carries a story, a connection to our past and our future."
"I can sense the sacredness of this place, the power of the water spirit flowing through every drop."
"Indeed, Ganga is not just a river; she is a divine being, a manifestation of purity and renewal."
Kunti said, enjoying the water tha flowed tickling her feet.
"And talking about divinity, your voice was magnificent, dear."
Kunti complimented, making Jiayi go to cloud nine. She never really performed in front of a huge crowd, ever before the soiree.
Nearby, a figure emerged from the waters, hands held in Anjali mudra. His physique was immaculate, exuding a mesmerizing aura that captivated those around him. His handsome features seemed chiseled by the gods themselves, with a jawline so sharp it could rival even Surya Dev. Muscular and well-defined, his abdomen rippled with strength, while his hands, veiny and powerful, bespoke of his prowess. Clad in a pristine white dhoti, his upper body bare, he appeared both divine and earthly, a perfect fusion of beauty and strength. His hair, wet from the river, cascaded around him like a waterfall of magic, adding to his enchanting presence.
As Jiayi's eyes fell upon the figure, she couldn't help but be enchanted by his breathtaking beauty. His presence seemed to cast a spell, drawing her gaze irresistibly towards him. Sensing Jiayi's captivation, Kunti observed the scene with a knowing smile.

"Ahh, that is the King of Anga, the most good-looking man in the entire Bharatvarsh," Kunti remarked casually.

But Jiayi's reply caught Kunti off guard, causing her feet to grow numb with nervousness.

"Your son!"

Kunti's heart skipped a beat as she processed Jiayi's words. The realization dawned upon her, sending a surge of emotions coursing through her veins. She had encountered her son, the one she had borne in secrecy and entrusted to the river's currents.
"How did you know that?"
Kunti asked with terror, her heart trembling.
"Don't worry, Queen Dowager! I am not allowed to reveal the reason how I know your secret, but I assure you that your secret is safe with me."
Jiayi said, her voice soft and serene.
Karna, his eyes gleaming with recognition, noticed the gaze of the two women nearby. With a confident stride, he walked towards them. As he approached, his handsome smile illuminated his features.

"Queen Dowager, Kunti. My greetings!" Karna greeted warmly, his voice smooth and captivating.

"Karna, nice to see you again, dear," Kunti replied with genuine warmth, acknowledging his presence.

Karna's gaze then fell upon the enchanting beauty of Jiayi, her eyes shimmering like the depths of the ocean. With each step closer, he found himself lured by her mesmerizing presence, her aura radiating an irresistible allure. Her graceful demeanor and ethereal beauty captured his attention, drawing him in with an almost magnetic pull. Unable to tear his gaze away.

"You are the one that sang that magnificent song yesterday, it still harmonizes in my mind," Karna complimented, his voice filled with genuine admiration.

"Thank you for the recognition, Your Majesty," Jiayi replied graciously, acknowledging his praise.

Karna immediately intervened, his tone warm and inviting.
"No, call me Karna. At Hastinapur, I am just a civilian like any other. I am only king when I am at Anga."

Jiayi nodded, a soft smile gracing her lips.

"Karna! This is Jia, she is a friend of my beloved Govind," Kunti says warmly, introducing Jiayi to Karna.

"Oh, you must be royalty. Greetings, Princess Jiayi," Karna responds courteously.

Jiayi then replies, "I am not a princess, I am only a noble lady because of my family, long before in the Naga kingdom."

"You are a Naga, where is your Mani?"
Jiayi felt hesitant to reply, her behavior that seemed uncomfortable, made Karna understand she could have a dark past.
"I am sorry, Lady Jia. I didn't know you woukd uncomfortable to share it."
"You understood, I was uncomfortable. You are observant, I admire that."
She replied soft and elegantly.
His heart stirred at what she said, his very first compliment from her.
"I am pleased, I hope forward on meeting you and hearing you magical voice again. If can, will you be able to meet me at the west palace garden, tomorrow afternoon three?"
He seized the opportunity to have a meeting with her. Jiayi was taken aback by his request.
She slightly looked at Kunti for a signal advice.
Kunti gave her a nod of assurance.
"Thank you, I will look forward to meeting you."
She said bowing.
"May God be with you."
He said walking away.
"Hai, Narayan! You have a new lover. I am lucky to have a daughter-in-law like you,"
"No, your highness. We are not in love."
"Well, then I hope you will be."
Kunti said chuckling and slightly caressing Jiayi's cheeks.
"See, goddess ganga plans the best for us."
She said, with the most warmest smile. Jiayi's cheeks blushed in crimson shade.

To be continued.