|𝐭𝐰𝗼|

E T H E R E A L
chapter two

IT WAS THE NEXT DAY, and Selene woke up with the headache completely gone. It was 7:30 in the morning and she was sneakily decluttering her new room, in search for a couple of journals and maybe a used diary, something that explained the last few years before Irabella had her placed in this universe.

It seemed as if her prayers were answered when she found a beautiful light pink diary with cute daisy flowers adorning the cover.

The brunette smiled as she lightly ran her fingers through the cover and the cute flowers, before opening the diary to the first page.

January 2, 2005

Ugh, today is my sixteenth birthday, and it's totally lame so far. Vicki, my best friend, was busy taking care of Matt since her mother was barely ever home. I woke up to the sound of my parents arguing again, and I don't know what to do. The only thing that keeps a smile on my face is getting to play and take care of my little sister, Caroline.

I'm so proud of how far she's come. I've always looked out for her ever since she started Kindergarten, and I will continue to look out for her for as long as she lets me.

She's one of the only ones that can make me smile and laugh. And I will forever be greatful for having a bubbly sister by my side, even if we're not blood related.

And as you can tell, I love her. Especially now since she came into my room asking for cookies. How could I say no to those beautiful and sparkling eyes...

I'll talk to you later about my birthday! Bye!

Selene smiled at the heartwarming words about Care-bear. Who would have thought that that's what is like to love someone unconditionally.

And it all started with the love of a sister.

The brunette softly shook her head and continued to read every single entry of her diary, wanting to know anything and everything.

Once she was done, Selene learned that Caroline wasn't really as close to Elena and Bonnie as she was in the TV show due to her presence. Caroline needed someone to be there for her whenever she had a problem, and Selene seemed to be her only answer, which warmed her heart.

Caroline was one of her favorite characters in the show. With her blond hair and bubbly personality, who wouldn't love her? Selene felt bad over the course of the seasons when Caroline wasn't given the attention she needed, not even by her so called friends, so it made her proud that at least Caroline had someone else be there for her, especially her.

It made the brunette feel better that Caroline had the confidence that Selene wished the blond would have embraced during the first season of The Vampire Diaries.

She was proud to call Caroline her little sister.

Selene also learned that she didn't like Elena, even though the girl tried so hard to be liked by her, based on several diary entries. She was whiny, always wanted attention, especially from the brunette, and it seemed that Caroline had discovered her flaws by the end of middle school.

Matt was a different story. Although Selene did not like the man in the show because of his manipulation towards Caroline and his annoying personality, she learned that he wasn't as bad as he was in the show. He was considerate, didn't date Elena, and actually cared about people's feelings. Based on her description of him, the teenager wasn't half bad. Seems like he developed when he finally had someone to take care of him, which in his case was Vicky. He didn't need to be looking for love outside of his comfort zone and that was all thanks to Vicki.