|𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫|

E T H E R E A L
chapter four

IN NO TIME, THE DUO HAD ARRIVED AT THEIR DESTINATION, both having an inkling of happiness and bittersweet sadness. Damon for once was smiling. Finally, after 145 years...

On the other hand, although Selene was over the moon to provide this favor for Damon, her sadness evaded the happiness since she knew that the tomb was empty of the woman he was yearning for. However, the brunette couldn't tell the stubborn mule besides her because she knew he wouldn't believe her.

He only believed the facts, and she was willing to provide them to him.

She glanced at the vampire next to her, "Are you sure you want this tomb opened?"

"Don't tell me you're backing out now, witch?" Damon turned his head towards the warm-eyed woman, silently seething.

"I'm not," Selene momentarily closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "But there is something you should know about the tomb."

"And what would that be?" Damon shifted back, leaning against a tree, and crossed his arms, seemingly to pay close attention to the girl in front of him.

The girl shifted in her feet nervously, and decided to just rip off the bandaid, "In order to save her, Emily had to save all of them."

Damon was linking the pieces together as the silence stretched between them.

"So you're telling me that my girl had to share her prison cell with the other useless pieces of shits?!"

"Yep," Selene popped the p, intending to keep the conversation as lighthearted as possible in order to have the strength to tell him what was to come.

"I say we kill them," Damon smirked at Selene, wanting to scare her, thinking that the girl in front of him was going to be disgusted and afraid by the mere thought of killing.

He staggered back, truly offended when the brunette only snickered at him. She hummed in affirmation, "We will be doing exactly that, sweetheart."

The vampire was astonished that the woman in front of him didn't think of his acts as disgusting. Because of Saint Stefan, he thought that he was truly revolting. His actions of how easy it was for him to kill, annihilate someone, made him truly miss his days as a human. Not that he would tell anyone that. But this girl made him feel mortal for once. She made him feel like he belonged. It was a warmth that he never wanted to lose, ever.

The grin on the girl's face abruptly disappeared, "Katherine's not in the tomb."

Damon's head snapped towards her, a flash of red, hot, piping anger running through his veins. He wasted no time in rushing towards her with his vampire face on display. What she said couldn't be true. His girl had to be there. That's where he last saw her. If she wasn't there, he had a deep sensation that his time had been wasted on someone that did not love him, and he could not think about that. He couldn't think that if the tomb had been empty of her this whole time, then his sense of living was for nothing.

Selene, anticipating his attack, immobilized him and proceeded to walk down the stairs towards the entrance of the tomb, with him floating in the air behind her, not paying any mind to his struggles. She could already make out the slight hissing of the blood-sucking mosquitoes as they smelt her blood.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me, but once I show you, you'll understand that what I told you was the truth."

Selene breathed in through her nose, and silently concentrated on the spell that had overtaken this godforsaken tomb. She lifted the spell that had the tomb sealed, and lifted the spell that forbade any supernatural from coming back out.