CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Rise Up

𓂃✩𓂃

Elara's heart was beating like a humming bird, the sight of Simon gulping down that blood bag was still evident within her mind, almost scarring her from the mere thought of it.

The brunette turned the corner and walked down a eerie empty alleyway, nobody in sight. She leaned against the wall and sighed heavily, Clary didn't listen to her, She never does. Simon was frightened when he thought he was becoming a vampire, but she didn't know that because she was too busy trying to find that stupid cup.

And now she's turned Simon into one of them, a vampire, it pained Elara to know that he will feel upset and angered by what he has become. If only Clary had listened to her. Yeah, Simon would be dead, but at least he wouldn't be suffering for eternity. He will have to watch his friends and family die in the future while he stays young and immortal, his unbeatable heart will break as they all, one by one, take their last dying breath.

He's immortal, the others were not, Clary didn't think about that, she did what she wanted, her own selfishness taking over as she buried him in the ground and waited for him to climb back out, she made him this way, nobody else is to blame, she did this, not Elara. Elara wouldn't take the blame for it.

"Lara?" A weak voice spoke from the darkness. The girl lifted her head towards the sound as her brother walked towards her, blood smeared down his top and around his mouth, his face was pale while his brown eyes held no life in them anymore.

"Simon." Elara breathed out, hesitation lacing her voice. Would he harm her if she got too close?

By the look in Simon's eyes he knew his sister was hesitant to walk closer to him, his eyes casted down towards the floor, his voice coming out weaker "I'm not going to hurt you, your blood doesn't appeal to me like it probably should, it's still alluring, but it's manageable."

"Really?" Questioned Elara, stepping closer to him, He nodded his head, and that's all it took before she ran into his arms, hugging him close. "I'm so sorry this happened to you."

"Me too." Sneered Simon "It's Raphael's fault, he did this too me."

Elara pulled back and placed both her hands onto the sides of his face: shaking her head "Raphael didn't do this to you, Si."

Simon's eyebrows furrowed, his dull brown eyes giving her a curious look "What do you mean Raphael didn't do this?"

"It was Clary." Whispered Elara, Simon immediately shook his head, while muttering 'No' under his breath.

"I'm really sorry, Si, she was so set on having you back again, I tried to stop her because I knew you wouldn't want this life, nobody would."

"Oh, my—" He tried to say the word 'God' but he couldn't, instead he just walked towards the brick wall and punched it. "I can't believe she would do this, turn me into a monster."