CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

This World Inverted

𓂃✩𓂃

Jace and Elara, hand in hand, trailed behind Meliorn and Clary. The brunette was in awe as she peered around at the scenery, it was so magical, so beautiful. 

"Toto, We're definitely not in Kansas anymore." Said Clary, looking around.

"Welcome to the Seelie Glade, Clary Fairchild, you too, Athena Lestrange."

Elara was about to correct him before she saw the slight smirk smirk appearing onto his lips, he did it on purpose. "The remotest edges of it." 

"Um, how did we get here?" Questioned Elara, a confused look was plastered upon her face.

"There are entrances all through the mundane world." Replied Jace, squeezing her hand for comfort. Elara smiled as she leaned into his side, placing her head against his arm.

"You just have to know where to look." Meliorn soon added. 

"Why did we have to come here to find my father?" Clary questioned.

"Because of your necklace." Meliorn answered while he pointed at her "it's a portal shard." 

"Tell us something we don't know." Jace muttered, which made Elara quietly chuckle.

"How does it work?" Meliorn asked Clary, a hint of curiosity twinkling in his eyes. 

"When I touch the crystal and I think of someone, I can see where they are." She replied.

Elara chewed on her bottom lip. Everything the redhead said sounded like her powers, except she didn't need a necklace to do what Clary could.

"I'm curious, Shadowhunter, who knows so much about Portals." Meliorn started "did you never wonder why this portal shard doesn't behave the way normal portals do?" 

"Normal Portals can only take you to places you've been." Jace responded "I guess I never really thought about it." 

"I see Isabelle is the smart one in the family." Meliorn sighed making Clary and Elara chuckle, but Jace soon stopped walking which merely made brunette stop also.

Meliorn stood still and looked over at Clary "Your Portal shard works the way it does because it's a piece of a portal for another dimension." 

"Another dimension?" Elara questioned, a small smile appearing onto her face at the thought of  different dimensions out there.

"You're saying there's a portal in some other universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them?" Jace asked. 

"If you can find the only Portal still standing in that dimension it will take you to your father." Meliorn smiled at Clary before he started to walk away.