• epilogue •

"I told you."

"You did." You agree cuz it was happening right in front of your eyes.

Water cascaded down his cute face, the startled you immediately shifted to his lap. Not minding the people around, you chuckled while crying too and kept wiping away his tears.

In the background, your daughter was kissing her boyfriend— Fiancé, sorry.

Your man was sniffling and buried his face deep into your chest, not being able to hold it in. He can't cry when everyone's there but he couldn't stop the tears either.

"She's gone..."

Hia crossed her legs over and caressed her father's sobbing back. She was wearing one of those bodycon dresses girls her age love wearing. She had a lot to flaunt. Being the youngest sibling, she somehow grew up to be the prettiest offspring you guys had produced.

"M-my babygirl, my pudding..."

"Sh, Kuku. Let's cheer up for now, hm. Let's just be happy for Frostie, we can cry later when we go home, ok?" You tell him, kissing his lips and smiling at him with teary eyes. It did hurt, seeing the love of your life broken over his daughter leaving him for another man. You will miss your daughter. Even though, she had been in Germany for her studies for four years, her home was always with you guys.

You understand how your parents must have felt letting you go to Jungkook.

Hwan picks her up and circles her in the air before kissing her cheeks again, sliding his hands into her waist and bringing her closer. Jungkook sniffles before turning around and walking away, you follow behind, concerned. Jimin and Yoongi are laughing with emotional eyes, holding each other tight too. Who knew it would be them and us and our kids in this life thing forever?

Hwan and Frost liked each other, you knew they did. Maybe they realised it after you guys. They were the perfect match. In high school, they started dating and ever since then, your husband had been dreading this day. He stops when he's not on the terrace anymore, both of you climbed down and were sitting on the stairs. Everyone was still above, enjoying the party.

He rubbed his nose before pulling you into him, you gave in like always. His warmth, the known comfort was so learned, you didn't even think before curving into his touch. "So." His voice was breaky, throaty from all the crying and suppressing. "She's not ours anymore..."

"She will always be ours, Olafie. They are all ours. And...I'm yours." You peck him cutely. Your cuteness doesn't suit your age anymore.

His tongue rolls into his cheek, puffy lips get bitten by bunny teeth. Glossy, Bambi eyes look around as if contemplating everything that had been and was to be. "You're mine, forever."

"Plus, Flake said he doesn't wanna marry May until they're both 30," you snort, trying to lighten the mood.

"I still remember when I used to feed them baby formula, when they used to think Santa was real, when they used to get excited every time we came home from work. I remember Flake creating a mess with the champagne glasses on our wedding." Nostalgia washes over both of you as he recalls everything.

"I remember how you used to play with Nerf guns with him in your old apartment's little living room," you say. That apartment was a real nostalgic memory.

"I can't sell it. I'm never gonna. I fell in love with you there." His fingers intertwine yours into them, instinctively. The way he does every night these days.

"Kids grew up so fast..."

"So did we, Koo. Look at us. You've two white hair strands emerging!" You point at his hair. Oopsies, Daddy?