Chapter 13

Days arrived and expired, but Ayzel's state of agony was still perpetuated, and with every passing single second, it was only intensifying.

From that day before, she thought the rejection she received in interviews was harsh behavior. But that man changed his perception.

She was used to thinking that harassing behavior only existed in the office environments, but she proved wrong here too.

Why this test and cruelty came in her fate? Being immersed in these thoughts, she added spoons on spoons of salt to the chicken curry.

"AYZEL! What is the wrong with you beti?" When Asma Khala held her hand, then she realized what blunder she had made.

"Daughter you have added half a kg of salt to the dish." she chuckled.

"And don't you dare think that adding too much sugar in my coffee or salt in the meals will make me fire you? It will only add to your miseries," Ayzel remembered his threat.

Because of dread, she started shaking her head. "Asma Khala I did not do it on purpose. I did not. I did not. Please don't scold me." she was trembling.

Her condition also terrified Asma. She immediately hugged her. And then Ayael broke into gut-wrenching sobs.

"Ssh..shhh Azyel, my beautiful daughter please calm down. Nothing happened. Tell me what is bothering you. Tell me!" she consoled her. Asma was constantly rubbing her back to provide the elderly affection to her.

Asma insisted too much, but she did not utter a single word. How could she complain about him to the lady who works under him and had raised him like a son? It would be futile. And she might lose Asma's care too.

She treated the salty curry because she did not have the intention to starve others and face Zain Skinder's punishment.

She wanted to avoid him at the cost of her life, this much she detested him.

The idea of asking for help from Sameer drowned in her mind as soon as it emerged. How could he have such a huge amount? And lamenting the unethical behavior of Zain would also put her in question. Society always considers the girl equally wrong. And what would Sameer think about her? These all thoughts are stabbing her inner peace.

In the evening, Skinders decided to enjoy tea in the garden. The weather was also perfect.

She was serving them tea and snacks. The devil was also present along with Zikria and Aliya Khanum. But the sole focus of his scrutinizing eyes was Ayzel. But she did not even spare him a single glare.

"Beti, join us too." With a smiling face, Zikria invited her. He noticed the gloominess on her face.

"No, actually Uncle I have work to do." she was uncomfortable.

But unwillingly she had to join them. She was sipping tea when Zikria's question startled her.

"Ayzel, you are not picking up Burhan's call. He had been trying to contact you. He was worried if he has pissed you off?" he gave a small laugh at the end.
But all colors were gone from her face. Due to her fear, the teacup in her hands also trembled. With very difficulty, she saved it from breakage.

She first looked at Zain, who was already staring at her, and then she looked at Zikria.

"Umm..uh.My phone.." she was thinking of an excuse. "My phone is broken."

"Oh, Right. But you can use a landline here. Wait a minute, I will call him. You can talk on my phone." he was now calling Burhan.

She was internally praying that he would not pick up the call. And her prayers were answered. The call did not connect. Zikria gave her an apologetic smile.

"As far I remember Uncle, I have sent Burhan out of the city for work. Then why is his mind roaming here in worry of others?" he said in a deadpan voice.
His question was ignored when Aliya talked to Ayzel.

"Ayzel beti, I have observed you have not gone out of the mansion since you came here. Do not you have someone to meet?" The purpose of Aliya's question was to find the reason behind her changed demeanor.

"Yes, dear. I also have noticed it. I am sure you must be missing your family and friends. You can go out to meet them. Do not you want it?" Zikria also pried.

Family, she never had it from the start

Friends, only Sameer, and Sana who had not had contact with her for a very long time.

A lone tear escaped from her eye. " I don't have a family." saying this she abruptly stood up and rushed inside.

Zikria pursed his lips. Their intention was not to hurt her. "But something is bothering her for sure," Asma told them. They all wondered about the reason behind her sudden sadness. But the real culprit sitting among them didn't bother to say a word. He was rather enjoying her sadness. For him, she deserved it after causing a burn inside his dark heart.
             *******************

When Burhan returned it was already Sister's day. A small celebration was held in the mansion.  There were only a few times when liveliness could be witnessed in this house.

Zain gifted Warda a diamond necklace and both siblings cut the cake. He hugged her sister. A pure loving bond was seen. Zikria gifted Asma. Though he did not have a sister, Asma had a place of elder sister in his life. She was very young when she came into the life of Skinders in the early years of Aliya Khanum Marriage, and then she became their permanent family member.

"Poor Burhan also brought gifts but who would receive them?" Warda mocked him. They both never acknowledged each other as cousin-siblings and always fought like cats and dogs. That's why Burhan never celebrated sister's Day. But today was unusual. He had bought gifts and cake with him.

"I have found a sister for me. And this year I am celebrating the sister's day." he grinned widely.

"And who is the unlucky stupid sister of yours?" she again taunted him.

"Someone quite opposite of you and a better human being. " he retorted.

"Asma Khala where is Ayzel?" he asked. And this shocked the Zain.

"Oh, so sweet of you Burhan. Your sister must be in her room." Asma smiled.

Zikria and Aliya also rejoiced. So everyone knew their sister-brother bonding except Zain and Warda.

"What! That girl? Oh come on, I never knew your standard would be that low Burhan. And she is not your blood sister. I am sure after looting luxuries from you she will surely dump you."/Warda was laughing.

"Some bonds are made with heart, not blood. Dad and Asma Khala's relationship is an example in front of us. And I am glad that Ayzel did not have evil genes like you." he slapped his words on Warda's face. She could only clench her fists.

Burhan went to Ayzel's room. He returned after 15 minutes with a dejected face. The things were still in his hands.

"What happened, son?" Zikria questioned him. He could not hold himself from asking on seeing his son's sullen face.

"Dad, she did not open the door. I knocked many times and called her. But she did not come. I don't know what is wrong, why is she ignoring me. Everything was fine when I left. Even though we cooked together, I showed her my childhood pictures. She was happy." Burhan was miserably controlling his emotions.

But someone was also feeling guilty for the first time in his life. Zain.

He misunderstood their relationship. She even tried to tell him, but his anger and misunderstanding overwhelmed him and he broke the heart of an innocent girl without any cause. He also treated her ill.

And he answered the Burhan.

"She won't open the door. Because I scolded her."

Vote, share, and comment dear people. ;)