Chapter 19

The next day Zain called Ayzel to return her documents.

He forwarded them to her but she did not take them from his hands. He tilted his head.

"Put them on the table,"  she ordered.

"I don't have any contagious disease!" he got a bit angry and threw the file on the table. Ayzel happily picked them then.

"You are not contagious but a glue. You always find an excuse to touch me and I do not like it." She clearly said it.

"And may I know from where this spirit came in a squirrel?" he asked.

"Because Now I have complete power to quit this job any time." she proudly said. Zain pouted his lips in astonishment. His hands were folded behind his head.

"And I would like to see you making this attempt," he said giving slow moments of his head.

"You will see, sir. And I will celebrate that day," she said with determination.

"You will cry that day." There was firmness in his words too.

"Well, I am already celebrating it today by making biryani, you are invited too, Sir." A smile was not leaving her lips.

Like hell, he would enjoy it.

At the dinner, a very strong beautiful aroma hit everyone's nostrils. On the inquiry of Aliya Khanum Burhan told her. "Dadi jaan, look Ayzel cooked Biryani for us today. We are celebrating her yesterday's Victory."

Because of their age, Both elderly ladies and Zikria stayed away from spicy food but they could not restrict themselves. Even they ate more quantities. Only Zain was eating plain food with a scowled face.

"Why are not you eating it, son? It's delicious." Zikria noticed him.

"Dad, what are you saying? This biryani is the bitter pill of defeat for  Zain bhai." Burhan said dramatically.

Everyone was giving suppressed laughs. Ayzel was enjoying it too.

"I don't have an appetite for such food. And you both should also avoid it. Such spicy food is dangerous for health. At night you both would cry over your Blood pressure." Zain seethed.

Burhan and Ayzel rolled their eyes.

"You don't worry about us. Your notorious acts have already made us immune to blood pressure." Zikria gave him a shut-up call and added more rice to his plates.

It was very late in the night when a giant thief entered the kitchen searching for something in the fridge.

"Damn it. I was certain some rice was left. Did these famished people end it all?" he was muttering to himself.

"Who knew a day would come when Zain Skinder has to be a thief in his kitchen?" Burhan's voice startled him to a great extent. He flinched very badly. Ayzel was standing by Burhan. In her hands the treasure box of biryani was present.

Now Both siblings were laughing. Zain persuaded his lips to smile too. Then they enjoyed themselves again with another biryani session.

                      *************

For the past many days, the city's weather was not healthy. And weather forecast already predicted a hard storm and thunder colliding with the city. The cautionary messages were repeated in social media. People were advised to stay home.

Most servants were given early leave who lived outside the mansion. Najma was gone too. And Ayzel was scared. She was claustrophobic. At Orphanage Mrs. Khan or her friends always stayed with her, calming her down whenever such weather occurred.