Chapter 15: Hangover

At around five in the morning, I woke up feeling sick. My head was pounding like drum, my stomach was turning against me. I sat up, finding myself asleep in the lobby with everyone else except for Niffty, Vaggie and Charlie, who probably went to their rooms earlier when I blacked out from the alcohol finally hitting me. I stared at myself in the mirror feeling like I was living in a fever dream. My face felt hot, my body was cold and clammy. I splashed some cold water on my face. I sighed with relief as it helped for a moment. And that's when my body truly decided to betray me. I collapsed over the toilet, holding my head over the bowl as the contents of my stomach spewed out at a near alarming rate. I groaned as the wave of vomit slowed to a stop temporarily. My throat burned from the stomach acid, my mouth tasted like bile and my head felt like it was about to explode.

*knock knock knock*

Fuck....ow...

Someone was knocking at the door, which made my hangover headache feel worse. I groaned and grumbled.

"Yeah?" I groaned out.

"(Y/N)? Is everything alright my dear?" It was Al. I sighed.

"Yeah, just...hungover. Sorry if I w-woke you up..."

"Well, I hardly sleep." He said. I opened my mouth to respond but instead was interrupted by another wave of vomit.

   "Might I come in? I'd like to help if I can..." he said. I sighed. Even though I didn't really want him to see me like this, it was better than suffering this alone.

   "Okay." I agreed. Al opened the door and stepped inside, closing it softly behind him. He knelt down beside me, propping his staff against the wall. I heaved a small sigh.

   "Sorry, I probably look like such a hot mess right now...." I groaned. Al chuckled.

   "You look gorgeous as always. Just a bit sick, that's all." He said placing a gentle hand on my back "Besides, this happens to the best of us. Especially when we drink that much." He pointed out. I nodded.

   "Yeah, guess you're right about that." I agreed. Al rubbed my back gently. It was comforting, it felt nice. "How are you not sick?" I asked. Alastor shrugged.

   "I wasn't drinking as much straight liquor, and I believe my tolerance for alcohol is pretty high." He said. After a few seconds of silence I felt another wave of vomit coming up. I groaned, tilting my head forward over the toilet again. Al quickly leaned in and grabbed my hair, holding it back in a ponytail with one of his hands as I started vomiting yet again. With his free hand, Al proceeded to rub gentle calming circles onto my back. If I wasn't puking my guts out into a toilet right now, I'd be thanking him. As my vomit round started to slow itself again, Al piped up.

"Hold on. Stay right there." He said. I smirked to myself. I'm hungover and can barely walk without either passing out or projectile vomiting. I'm not sure where he thinks I'd go....but I nod, spitting up a bit more from my insides. In a matter of seconds, Al disappeared. I groaned holding my head between my hands. I felt my body breaking into a cold sweat. I closed my eyes, resting my arm on the edge of the toilet seat then resting my head on my arm. I never wanted to touch a bottle of tequila ever again.

"Here, drink this. It should help your stomach settle, maybe even slow down the vomiting considerably." I opened my eyes to see Al bent down in front of me, holding out a little medicine cup of colored fluids. I took the cup and observed the odd fluid. "Bottoms up my dear." He said before I could protest. I sighed before gulping down the medicine. I gagged as a bitter taste overtook my already gross tasting mouth. Alastor chuckled, handing me a bottle of water, patting my back gently. "Good girl." He praised as I took a fat swig of water to wash down the nasty aftertaste of the medicine. After a little bit, I finally stopped puking but felt myself growing increasingly more drowsy. I started to nod off over the toilet. Al chuckled.

"All done I take it?" He asked. I nodded. "Ready to go back to bed?" He asked. I suddenly felt sad. I didn't want to be on my own again.

"Nooooo." I pouted. He chuckled.

"Why not? You seem like you're moments away from sleeping with your head in the toilet." Al pointed out. I sighed.

"Don't wanna be alone.." I grumbled, laying my head against my arm groggily. Al raised his eyebrows.

"Oh, I see. Why didn't you say so?" He asked. He reached under me and scooped me up, bridal style, and carried me out of the bathroom.

"Where are you bringing me?" I asked.

"To bed. I'm going with you." He answered. "I don't really feel like being alone tonight either."

"Oh. Good." Al carried me to the couch where I was before. He laid down on his back and then laid me down on top of him, he threw a blanket over both of us. He was surprisingly warm, like the back of a tv when it's been on for hours. I nuzzled my head into his chest slightly and yawned, closing my eyes as he softly rubbed circles on my back again.

"Goodnight Al."

"Goodnight (Y/N)"

[QUICK LIL AUTHORS NOTE!]
Hey guys! Sorry this chapters a bit short, I'm currently on my one week off before I start my senior year of college (woo!), so please forgive me, I'll try to make the next one longer, just please bare with me as you have been thus far, and that said, thank you all for your patience and support 🩷