Chapter 6: Party People

"Thanks again Charlie!" I thanked Charlie as she handed me her dress wrapped in tissue paper and tucked away in a red box. She nodded.

    "Of course, I had it adjusted to your measurements. It's all yours now. I know you'll look amazing in it." She said. I smiled and gave her a hug. She smiled and hugged me back.

    "Meet the rest of us in the lobby in about an hour, ok (Y/N)?" She confirmed. I nodded. With that she walked off to finish getting ready for the party. I had gotten showered, and put curlers my hair. Now all I had to do was get dressed, finish my hair and do my makeup.

   I loved vintage fashion, as did my mom who taught me how to dress growing up. I smiled as I removed my curlers and styled my short hair into a Marilyn Monroe style. When I finished, I topped it off with a bit of hairspray and then moved on to my makeup. I did a formal look. Full face, with a smoky eye and dark cherry red lip. I added a bit of highlight to my cheekbones and then went to the bed where I had left the dress. I unboxed it and gently peeled away the tissue paper.

    It was a glistening black cocktail dress with a lace up back and a dipped neckline with mesh down the middle of the opening. I slipped it on and tried to lace myself up. It was hard. I groaned in frustration as I tried again to tie the lacing in the back. Just then, I heard a knock at the door.

     "Ay toots, you need some help in there?" It was Angel. I sighed in defeat.

    "Yes please." With that Angel opened the door and paused for a second looking at me

    "Woah there doll, you look hot!" He said in shock. I smiled.

     "Thanks Angie, could you maybe lace me up? It's a corset back." I explained. Angel nodded and went behind me. He tugged at the laces till it fit my form again.

    "That feel snug enough?" He asked. I nodded.

      "Mhmm." He tied it off and took a step back as I turned around.

       "Lookin' good doll. Wait....you got any shoes to go with that dress?" He asked pointing to my bare feet. I shrugged.

        "I was gonna wear my boots, no one would look at my feet...I think." I saw Angel start to shake his head as he sighed.

      "No way in hell am I letting one of my best friends go out like that. You're using one of my pairs of heels. No ifs ands or buts about it!" He said as he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me into his room. Angel went rummaging through his closet and pulled out a pair of shiny black and silver heels. I was stunned that the heel was thick and that the bottom was platformed, as well as being under 6 inches. I'd only ever seen him in stripper boots that could easily cause someone like me to break my neck if I ever tried to wear them.

       "Here, I think these should be your size. They'd go perfectly with that dress." He said. I smiled and hugged Angel. He was taken aback for a minute but hugged back with all 4 arms.

      "Thanks Angie. You're the best." I thanked him. He smiled proudly.

       "Ah no big deal toots. Couldn't let ya commit a fashion crime like that." He said. I slipped them onto my feet and adjusted the ankle strap. I stood up and walked in them. I wobbled at first but after the first few steps I was strutting like a model.

        "I'm so proud." Angel sniffled dramatically as if he was a proud mother realizing his child was all grown up. I laughed and slapped him softly on the shoulder.

        "Don't go all mushy on me now doofus." I said. He smirked.

        "Hah! Never."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~