Chapter 27:Vince is Mad Again?

After a moment of silence that had passed, Hailey further queried Geoffrey regarding the accident's badly hurt workers.

She asked, "Geoffrey, are the two workers that are in a coma were locals or from overseas?"

"They were foreigners who are immigrating hereafter accepted to work for us," Geoffrey replied. "What's wrong?"

Geoffrey was curious about what was Hailey is planning now. He has known this girl all his life, and so he is certain that Hailey would do something for those workers.

Hailey ponders for a moment. She carefully weighs the idea she comes up with.

"Geoffrey, why don't we help someone from their family to come over? They must feel devastated. It's the least we could do to ease their worries. Manager Brown should assign someone to work on papers for the family representative's visa and expenses."

"Hm... That was a great idea, Hail. I will contact Manager Brown to work on it immediately!" He knew it. This girl would not just sit around.

"Thank you. I could not be at peace, knowing the family of these workers have no restful days, thinking about their injured family."

"And you... Stop worrying too much, okay? We will do everything we can. I'll be more worried that you will keep thinking about the mishap as well," Geoffrey's comforting words to Hailey. Honestly, this is Bryan's role. He is the first man Hailey runs to before her dad. Geoffrey thought, he added. "I'm furious at Bryan right now because he neglects his work because of the same woman that caused your heartbreak."

"I'm not heartbroken anymore, so there's nothing you have to be concerned about. It's not worth mentioning either."

"I'm hoping that was true, Hail. I don't want to see you were protecting Bryan instead, and you were saying all of this now, so we stop hating him and beat him again."

"Nah. I'm totally over it. I'm totally fine now." She does. Everything that happens in the past is just a bizarre event in her life now she could laugh at. "Well then, I must end this call, so then you can continue your work. I'm sorry if I burden you all with more task that is supposed to be my responsibility."

"What are you talking about? It's not your fault, although you have to put some action on Bryan's negligence, I can punch him one more time if you allow me."

"You just wanted to use it as an excuse to beat him up."

"I would not deny it." Geoffrey chuckled as he admitted it, which made Hailey giggled as well. It gladdens Geoffrey to hear Hailey laugh.

"Director Wilson, the meeting is about to start. Everyone is already waiting for you."

Hailey picked up a female voice in the background. She recognized Geoffrey's secretary.

"Alright. I don't want to keep you away from your work. I will call from time to time from now on to hear the progress of the injured workers. I wanted to meet them. I will try to visit soon."

"Okay, Hail. See you soon, then? I have to go now to start the meeting."

After a bid of goodbye to each other, Hailey ends the call. She heaves a long sigh to lighten the worries she felt at the moment.

She needs to go home soon to make sure that everything is alright. Even if Geoffrey assures her to take care of the matters, it was her sole responsibility to make sure that her men are working seriously and the accident won't happen again. And Bryan is not exempted from this matter.

She needs to visit Australia to meet the injured workers and call for a Board Meeting. But what excuse can she tell Vince?

'Ugh! Pit should hurry his investigation and find Eva!'𝑖𝑛𝘯𝑟𝘦𝘢𝑑.𝑐𝘰𝘮