Chapter 51 - She's Still Naive

Excitement crept into Vincent's chest that he could not hold himself to slammed his hand on the table.

He read every word written in the letter that was sent by the Chief Operating Officer named Geoffrey Wilson.

In the letter, the COO includes a note to contact him if he has inquiries. Geoffrey Wilson is also the Head of the Planning Team Department. It means, he is the one he will work closely with in the future.

Visiting Dream City to survey the entire place to had ideas and prepare a presentation, Vince is confident to win a project. Anything, as long as the Shen Group has the opportunity to contribute work to the city.

"This is it, Tim! Set a meeting with our Senior Engineers and Architects this afternoon. I have important things to discuss with them and I will select whom I will bring over to Australia."

"Got it, boss!" Tim responded with enthusiasm while typing notes on his TAB. His boss's delight is contagious, and so he is in a good mood as well.

"Tell the board I'll be there after an important call overseas. "

"Okay, boss!" Tim turned around and left the room.

Vince reached for the telephone and made a call for Australia. He patiently waited until the other line answers his call.

Meanwhile, Geoffrey was on his mobile phone, talking to his boss.

"Hail, can you wait for a sec? I have to answer another call."

"Sure! Go ahead. It must be important." Hailey knew that when a call is directly toward Geoffrey's office, it will be regarding Dream City.

Geoffrey picks the phone receiver and greets the caller. "Hello? Davies Group Planning Department."

"Good morning, Mr. Wilson. This is Vincent Shen of Shen Group. I read your email. Thank you for a quick response to my proposal."

"Ah, President Shen! Yes, I am pleased to inform you that we offer your company a project here in Dream City. No further delay, we should discuss the schedule of your visit."

"Any time, any day, Mr. Wilson."

"That's great! I am thinking about next week. My boss is coming home by then. It was a perfect time for you to meet her and discuss the project she will assign you," said Geoffrey on the other line.

Vince, on the other hand, was surprised. It seems too fast that his proposal approves in a snap of a finger. He just submitted it yesterday, and now he received a positive response.

"Mr. Wilson, are you saying that I won a bidding without showing my presentation?"

"That is not necessary, Mr. Shen. My boss approved your proposal, and she was impressed by your previous projects in your country."

"I see. Then I will take that as good news?" Vince would like to assure he heard it correct.

"Congratulations, Mr. Shen. I look forward to working with you."

"The honor is mine, Mr. Wilson! I look forward to meeting your boss and helping her build Dream City."

Vince and Geoffrey exchange a few more words before they end the call.

Vince could still not believe it. The news dazzled him until now. Of course, he is. SHEN GROUP has several competitors around the world.

He often heard that the DAVIES GROUP CEO is very particular to all designs submitted to her. Giant firms only got rejected, which these companies are known to their name and reputation for decades.