Chapter 43:Her Hot Uncle

Davies Group, Dream City Headquarter

Geoffrey raised his gaze when his office door opened. He frowned upon seeing the person who entered the room.

"So? You finally realized you have a job here." His tone is full of sarcasm and he meant it.

"I'm not here to quarrel with you, Geoffrey. I only wanted to ask Hailey's new contact."

Geoffrey laughs, shaking his head. Soon after, he glares at Bryan. He was in fury after this guy showed up in his office acting as nothing happened. But before he could open his mouth, Bryan went on.

"I know my negligence, and I will deal with it. But if your anger is personal, you can hate me all your life, Geoffrey. However, it will not solve the problem of our projects."

"Oh, have you just realized that you shouldn't be mixed up your private life and your position as Vice President of this company? Unfortunately, your interest blew up!"

"Do you think I am after Hailey's wealth that's why I proposed to her? I may not be as rich as you or Hailey? But I don't want her fortune, nor want to hurt her! And I see it will be useless if I continue to explain myself to you or anyone. So let's set aside any personal grudges, but be professional," said Bryan.

"Bullshit! It was you who isn't working professionally here!" Geoffrey retorted. He continued, "At least, after you broke her heart and her trust in you... You should stop there! But you keep hurting her by neglecting your job and giving Hailey more problems!"

"As I've mentioned, I know it's my fault! The reason I am here is to talk to her. You have her other contact. You can't deny it, Geoffrey. I already asked Mr. Brown. Instead, he forwards me here that you are now in charge of everything once Hailey is not around. But I want to talk to her first."

Geoffrey pushes a grin as he looks at Bryan with contempt. He uttered, "How if I won't give it to you?"

"Stop acting childish, Geoffrey!"

"It was you who acted childish from the beginning, Bryan!"

Geoffrey slammed his hands on the table as he promptly sat up from his swivel chair. Both are clashing gazes.

It was Bryan who first withdrew his gaze. He turned around, giving his back on Geoffrey, as he placed both of his hands on his hips.

After a few moments of silence as he ponders, Bryan faces Geoffrey once again. He queried, "Tell me the truth, Geoffrey. Do you like Hailey?"

With Bryan's query, Geoffrey's ears rang. It is also the reason that his patience runs out. He only controls himself not to punch Bryan every time he saw him.

Geoffrey walk around his table, he grabs Bryan in the collar and sneered at him.

"Don't you dare mistake my care for Hailey! I'm not like you! I know how to sort out my feelings and my work!"

"So you did like her?"

Instead of a reply, Geoffrey throws his knuckle as he didn't like how Bryan scoffed at him.

However, Bryan won't just stand there. He returned a punch, now both have bruises on their faces.

Geoffrey throws another punch, which Bryan dodges easily. And the next seconds, they exchanges punches that few of them successfully landed on their faces.

"What are you two doing!?" A man in his fifties echoed his voice in the entire room.

"Uncle Jacob!" Both Geoffrey and Bryan froze on the floor. They straighten up their pose and face the man.𝑖𝑛𝘯𝑟𝘦𝘢𝑑.𝑐𝘰𝘮