Chapter 58 - Class Reunion (One) Where Is Your Date?

They have arrived in the main building and trailing down the corridor toward the kitchen, and they spotted the Head Chef was talking on the phone. Immediately, his face lit up the moment he saw Mrs. Gomez coming to the kitchen.

"Thank god, you are here, Mrs. Gomez! Chef Tessa is on the other line. She wished to speak with you."

"Sure, give me the phone." Mrs. Gomez took the phone from Chef Uy, and she was thrilled to talk with the famous culinary instructor. "Good evening, Chef Tessa."

"Hello, Mrs. Gomez. I'm very sorry about this matter. I would love to be part of the event. However, I could not leave my daughter yet. She's still under observation." The famous chef explained.

"We understood, Chef Tessa. Your daughter's condition is more important than cooking for us. In fact, I found someone that was actually is your old student."

"Oh. Is that true?"

"Have you remembered, Miss Hailey Hillson?"

The female chef fell in thoughts. "Hailey? Hm... Oh, yes, of course! My student from Australia! Yes, I remember her! She is one of my best students! So, she's in the country, as well?"

"Yes, she is! As a matter of fact, she is my HRM student."

"Oh, great! Can I speak to her?"

"Sure! I'll pass her the phone." Mrs. Gomez gestured at Hailey as she handed the phone. "She wanted to talk to you."

"Okay, Mrs. Gomez." She took the phone and greeted her former teacher.

Mrs. Gomez and Chef Uy shared a glance. It happens; Hailey talks with Chef Tessa in French. At this moment, they had no idea what they were discussing is about.

After a brief talk, Hailey returned the phone to Mrs. Gomez, and the two instructors continue to discuss the problem. Chef Tessa highly recommends Hailey to replace her.

"Thank you for helping us out with this, Miss Hillson,"?Mrs. Gomez sincerely expressed her gratitude.

Hailey replied, "Small thing, ma'am. I'm glad to help."

"Alright!" Mrs. Gomez clapped her hands. "I need to go back to the reception. I have to make sure everything is taken care of over there."

"I understand, ma'am. By the way, can you keep it a secret?"

Mrs. Gomez and Chef Uy exchange glances. Soon, both nodded amd swear not to acknowledge that she is the one who saves this year's Class Reunion.

And in the next two hours, Hailey prepares the food Chef Tessa is supposed to make. Not only that, but she also makes another dish. It's Vince's favorite Italian dessert, Tiramisu.

"It's done! We can serve them now," Hailey announced.

*

Meanwhile, in the venue, the event has already begun. The alumni are one by one arrived, and each of them has the same reaction upon seeing the reception. They were all blown away by how spectacular the reception is in this year's Homecoming.

Not long, Vince appeared. The emcee acknowledged his arrival, which he hated an introduction this way.

"Ladies and gentlemen... Let's all welcome our Alumni President, Vincent Shen! Around the applause, please!"

Vincent nodded at everyone, struggling to return the greetings and shaking hands. Soon after, the university President met him halfway and guided him to the table where the Administrative school personnel seated.

As the gathering continues, it is time for dinner. This time, Vince joined the table of his AB classmates.?Last 2015 is the year when Vince finished his first-degree course before he took Architecture.