Chapter 40

I should honestly have some sort of will power within me. It was abundantly clear that I had minimal say in anything I wanted to do. Or if I said no, people really didn't seem to take me seriously.

Where the hell is even one ounce of strength I have within myself. And some power over myself. Where? Where?

"You look so pretty." Emma coos, dabbing some freckles with the tip of her brown eyeliner all across my face.

"Why are we doing all of this if we wear masks anyways?" I asked, and quite frankly I was so disgusted in myself of even allowing her to do this.

I said no.

But tell me why my whole body was dragged out of bed when I was in deep sleep, my mind conjuring up images of different ways I could throw a brick on Nate's head. I was content to stay in that dream, even if he was respawning everything and each time he was getting more sexier in my dream. It was leading to something explosive, I could infer that.

Emma was quite strong for someone with her build. She managed to drag me out of bed, into the chair she has pulled into the door (mind you, all of this was done whilst I was snoring away) and pulled me down aggressively. She seemed pissed that I was delaying the time of leaving and she was quick to help me get ready. All this time, incoherent mutters fell under her breath and I had zero qualms to ask her what she was going on about.

There were fights to pick. Fighting with Emma seemed like a losing battle.

"It's just for fun. You excited to just escape life for a few moments?"

Now, regardless of how annoyed I was at myself, the idea of escaping life for a few moments was beyond amazing.

"Is this like the movies where you can even kiss strangers and they wouldn't know?"

"You sure as heck can!" Emma replied with a massive cheeky grin.

"Are you going to do it?" I asked her in a teasing tone, knowing who I exactly meant. I did not miss the interactions between her and Claud. There was something there brewing between the two of them.

"I'm not sure..." she said, her words trailing away.

"I know I definitely won't. So shall we stick together?" I asked her.

"What about Nate?" She asked, wriggling her brows down at me. I grabbed her thigh in mock squeeze.

"I don't know who that is."

Emma's dancing eyes slowly faded, until they turned serious. Her expression was so different from what I'm used to. "He's a really great person, so whatever he has done, believe that he's never done it to harm a person."

I lifted up my hand, asking her to slightly to stop the conversation straight away.

"It's a hard to swallow the pill he handed me. Especially because he was my escape from reality, someone that was mine and mine only in times I needed him most. But it wasn't for him."

Emma let out a sigh. "These men are honestly the reason we take our last breath on a cuss word."

"Mine will probably be damning him to hell with me."

Emma smiled, "where he most likely belongs. And I mean next to you. Not in hell."

I rolled my eyes but allowed her to finish up my face. I was helping whenever she needed but I quite enjoyed having her mess around with me. She wasn't trying to make me perfect but more fun and adventurous and I was devouring every second of it.

"All done!" She said on a small shout. She quickly made me look into the mirror before rushing around the room. She packed the make up she needed in case for a touch up and motioned for me to follow her out.