Six

"What do you mean?"

"Those are the words of the messenger sent by the king"

You stare down at the massage with complete shock and amusement at what is written on the parchment.

I know that you and your people suffer from religious brainwashing for generations, and I will try to help end those generations of manipulation.

If anyone tries to fight, they will be eliminated.

We could have civilly ended this whole conflict but you chose the hard way.

Our marriage would have been the solution.

From your beloved friend and Western king,

David.

You cannot believe the level of delusional and arrogant behaviour shown in the letter.

"Bastard" you mumble the insult, as your political Vizier, Kanian, stands beside you.

"Maybe you should do the same as your ancestor and slaughter the Western empire"

You shiver, remembering the second king of the eastern empire, Junyo.

King Junyo was described to be pretty with a weak physic in his youth, that a lot of times he was mistaken for being a girl.

And mocked for it by his enemies.

The title 'weak' was replaced with 'mad' and 'evil' when the kingdom of the South kidnapped the eastern king's three daughters.

The elder daughter was killed.

And the other two younger daughters were raped and murdered.

Let us just say, your ancestor gathered his troops and slaughtered everyone in the South... the women, children, the elderly...even the animals.

The South has smalls of rotten blood up to this day due to the blood-stained walls and floors.

Well, the people did defend the king's actions. So, it does make sense why the Eastern king would also punish them.

"The situation was different back then, and I will win, but I will need a strategic plan and allies"

Actually, you already have tons of strategic plans, after all, you read many books about war during your teen years.

"What allies do you have in your mind, my queen?" Rowan inquires.

You smile brightly, knowing who would love to see the downfall of the Western empire.

The King of the Northeast, Levaan, will be a good ally, but you have to be careful.

Because Levaan loves expanding his territories.

Whether by conjoining countries.

Or

Marriage.

You remember how he wanted to marry off one of his daughters to Adam.

But, he doesn't have any sons, so you are safe from a marriage proposal.

"I believe Levaan will be a great ally"

'Bad decision'

You hear the voice of Adam in the back of your mind but ignore it.

🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

"An alliance against my cousin, you say?"

The handsome king smiles as he reads the letter sent by the Eastern Empire.

"Yes, your majesty, an alliance in war...I believe it will be beneficial for us to accept"

"And why would it be beneficial?"

"We will gain western territories-"

The advisor was about to continue but the king cuts him off.

"That will be not enough, I want to conjoin our empires by marriage" 

Levaan watches with narrowed eyes the worried expression of his advisor 

"If I may say, my king"

"Speak up"

"You have no sons for the proposal, and the queen is fifteen years your junior"

Levaan smirks.

"Age is nothing but a number in political marriages"