Eighteen

"Have you learned your lesson?"

You stare up at David as he sits comfortably on his throne with his crown on top of his head.

Not knowing what to do or say, you stay silent.

"You know, you can end this war easily, all you have to do is surrender and agree to marry me"

"Alright"

"What?"

David seems taken aback by how readily you have agreed to his proposal.

The two of you have been engaged in lengthy battles, and now, you've just agreed to wed him and abandon any attempts at resistance.

But what choice do you have? It's rather this or  you will continue sacrificing more of your people to war.

You don't understand what Adam did for all that to lead to this, but you know one thing for sure.

If you ever see him, you will beat him up for his stupidity.

"I expected more of a challenge from you," he says, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Very well, then. We will begin the preparations for our wedding." He stands up from his throne and offers you his hand. You take it, unsure of what else to do.

As he leads you away from the throne room, you can't help but wonder what kind of life you'll have as his Queen.

Because you know it will be horrid.

The good heroine always saves the villain and redeems him into a good person.

But that is only a fantasy.

Because bastards like David belong in the depth of hell.

°°°

David directed the servants to prepare your chambers, as well as assist in your bathing and wardrobe change.

To your amazement, you noticed the clothes he provided were in a style similar to the ones you wore back in your kingdom.

After bathing and changing, you were brought to the dining room to eat with the king.

"You look stunning"

David compliments you as you give him a fake small smile, not having it in your soul to even feel anything but depressed.

You stare down at your plate to see a very nice meal laying on top of it in a good amount to fulfil your hunger.

As you two begin eating, David starts to speak again.

"You know you should be thankful for saving you"

Letting go of your culinary tools, ready to cuss at him, but stop yourself, remembering that you are in the enemy's ground.

"Thank you"

The humble offering of gratitude might sting your ego but is nevertheless necessary, for you are on his grounds, after all.

"Am I worth all the trouble you went through? Am I worth you killing your mother? Am I worth your soldiers dying in wars?"

Your gaze meets his with an intensity that makes him start to shift in his seat as he feels the weight of your eyes on him.

"Yes, you are, I want you" he replies.

"You want my lands" you assert.

"No" David denies "I want you"

"It's okay to tell the truth" you state, not believing him.

"If I only wanted your lands, I would have simply killed you"

"You sent an assassin to kill me"

David chuckles, remembering the news of how the man he sent to kidnap you was killed.

"I sent him to kidnap you" he corrects.

You stare at him in disbelief, trying to wrap your head around what he just said.

"Why would you want me?" you ask, your voice barely above a whisper.

"Because I'm the only one who deserves you"

The D in David stands for delusional, the way he is arrogant is not surprising.

"You believe that?" you ask with a mocking undertone.

He touches your collarbone gently, staring at your lip as he utters the next words.

"You deserve the best and I'm the best"