Ten

You stare at the small portrait of Laylit with admiration.

"She looks so beautiful, her beauty is something heavenly"

"It's said that Queen Laylit inherited her beauty from her father and Kyalit inherited it from his mother" 

Rowan picks up gives you a portrait of Kyalit which made you examine more to see if there are any similarities only to find none.

"They both look so different like the moon and the sun, correct?" 

"Yes, how sad, both of them didn't have any children to pass on their genetics to"

You keep staring at Laylit's portrait, paying attention to her eyes.

Those light brown eyes are tempting as if they are challenging you.

"Are there any news of attacks from the west side?"

"No, however, we are facing a problem with-"

Rowan cuts off the vizer before he could speak up more.

"I believe that it is time to meet up with the generals to discuss defense matters"

You frown at how Rowan is trying to stop the vizer from telling something.

"No, I would like to hear first what vizer Merak wishes to tell me"

The older man flinches under the heated gaze of your advisor, something which you notice.

"Stop glaring at him" You order Rowan sternly, who obeys you and look away.

Now, you are more suspicious of him.

"Well, I fear to inform you that there's a planned rebellion against you, and the leader of the rebellion wants to meet you"

You are surprised by Merak's words, but stay calm.

"Then arrange a meeting between us, I would like to hear what he has to say"

Rowan sneers at that in disbelief.

"If you don't mind, but we should only arrest such traitor"

"I understand your concerns, Rowan, but I believe it would be wiser to hear the rebel leader's thoughts before taking any action" You say firmly

"Perhaps this rebel leader has a different perspective than we do, and it might be beneficial for us to hear them out." you finish.

The vizer nods, seeming relieved that you are taking a calm and rational approach.

"I will arrange a meeting between you and the rebel leader as soon as possible, Your Majesty." the older man bows his head in respect.

"In the meantime, I will make sure that the necessary arrangements are made for your protection."

You nod, satisfied with the plan.

"This rebellion must be dealt with swiftly and effectively, but I believe in giving everyone a chance to speak their mind. This way, we can identify the core of the rebellion and address it accordingly."

Rowan seems agitated by your decision to hear the rebel leader out, but he keeps his mouth shut, knowing that he must follow your orders.

You turn to Merak and ask.

"Do you have any information on the identity of the rebel leader? It might be helpful for us to know who we are dealing with."

The vizer nods,

"The leader of the rebellion is named Alrik, a former general in your army. He is said to be a formidable warrior and a brilliant tactician, but his motivations for rebelling are unclear."

You nod slowly, processing the information. It's not ideal to have a former general leading the rebellion against you, but at least you have some idea of what you're up against.

You make a mental note to have the intelligence agency investigate Alric's background and motivations.

"Thank you, Merak. I believe that is all the information we need for now. Please keep me informed of any further developments."

The vizer bows.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I will keep you informed"

With that, you dismiss the vizer and Rowan, and take a moment to assess the situation.

The thought of a rebellion is worrying, but you refuse to let it distract you from your duties.

You have a kingdom to run and a war to fight.

However, Alrik wants to overthrow your government and the advisor.

Not you.

.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆. .⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.

"I apologise, I think I misheard, your majesty...you wish to hire someone to kidnap the queen of the East?"

The advisor raises a question in disbelief at what David wants him to do.

"Are you deaf, do as I said" David demands, losing his patience.

"My King, may I ask the reason to why you want to kidnap her?"

David chuckles, and leans back in his throne, one leg crossed over the other.

"Is it not obvious, I will force her to marry me so I could take over her kingdom"

David also wants you, but he would never admit it out loud.