Chapter 9

LUBANZI

Chapter 9

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Uh…can you cook?" Liyema ask.

"Nope. I can't cook to save my life. Ambesiwe cooks for me." He laughs.

"I'm sure you're just the spectator that just sit there and talk."

"You just defined Afeziwe."

"My brother can cook but he's definitely not going to cook for us. I'll order." He takes out his phone.

"What do you feel like eating?" He's scrolling on e phone.

"A pizza would do." My phone rings and I answer. It's the tow truck people and they took my car to their place. I will pick it up tomorrow. It's already around twelve and they are still going to fix it. I text Kaya.

TAKE A CAB,MY CAR'S BROKEN.

She's probably in class but she'll see the message.

"Done. As we wait,tell me why you have a gun?"

"Well a girl can never be safe in the world we live in especially as a criminal lawyer. It's one of the risky occupations but I love it." He nods. He stand up and takes out two bottled water inside the fridge and throw one at me. I catch it.

"Let me officially give you a tour of the house." I follow after him while holding my bottled water and phone.

The house is huge and well built. There are paintings on the wall when you go upstairs.

"This paintings are pretty."

"Do you have an eye for art?"

"I appreciate fine things when I see them. I'm not that into art." I do love art but I don't love it to a point of interpreting paintings.

"They were painted by Lubanzi." I gasp. What? I walk closer to the painting and runs my hands on it.

"He's good. I didn't know the assholé can paint."

"Stop calling him that." He chuckles.

"Let's go." We continue with our tour. We come across a room where there's music blasting.

"Don't make a noise when we walk inside okay?" Liyema says in an inaudible voice.

"Sure." He opens the door and walk inside. I follow after him.

The room's light is dim but you can still see what's happening inside. Lubanzi is at the centre of the room dancing. He's not just dancing but he's moving his body in an exotic way.

I'm so lost in his moves that I don't realise when the music is turned off.

"You're both not supposed to be in here." He says picking up the towel and wiping himself.

"You're a great dancer." I compliment him. He passes next to me.

"I know." He closes the door.

"I didn't know he could dance like that. I couldn't stop watching him."

"My brother is good in a lot of things. People are always quick to judge him. He's not a bad person he just happen to have temper but it's manageable."

"Thank you spokesperson." I also head out.

The intercom rings and Lubanzi opens the door and receive the pizza. He places it on the table.

I sit down on the sofa and open the box of pizza and takes a slice.

"Can you chew properly?" Haibo? You all know who it is. It's like everything I do pisses him off.

"There's no proper way of chewing. For someone who doesn't love talking you sure have a lot to say."

"We have a gala to attend tonight and you're invited." Liyema says walking in.

"Oh."

He grabs the box of pizza and grabs a slice.

"Since you're all here I want to know why are you sidelining me when it comes to the case? How am I supposed to defend you in court if you don't tell me everything? I can't afford to lose this case."

"I'll give you the flash drive tonight. We will fetch you and your sisters." Liyema says and I nod.

"Well I need to leave otherwise Amber will throw tantrums that I didn't tell her early." I stand up.

"I'll call a cab for you." I pick up my handbag and phone.

"Can I have my gun?"

Lubanzi grabs it from his waist and gives it to me. He has a tattoo on his hand and it looks sexy. Why didn't I notice it before? I put the gun inside my handbag and goes outside to wait for the cab Liyema called.

"Kaya, you're looking so pretty. This is a total makeover." Amber says. She's the one who did our makeup and Kaya is really looking pretty different.

She's wearing a long bodycon dress with a slit. Her little curvaceous body is showing.

"I don't feel comfortable." She sulks.

"You're looking pretty,my baby." I kiss her cheeks.

"Let's take pictures." Amber takes out her phone and we start taking selfies.

"I'll ask Liyema to take us full body pictures." She put her phone back inside her clutch. We hear a car horn.

"Let's go." We stand up and take our things and leave. I lock the doors.

The car is parked outside our house. We head to the car. I make sure to lock the gate when Liyema opens the car's door. He whistles.

"The Jali Daughters. There's no word to describe how gorgeous you're looking. Even the gorgeous word fails to define your prettiness." I smile. I told you that Liyema is a good charmer.

"Thank you Liyema."

"Let me help you get in." He opens the door for us and help me get in then Amber. Kaya opens the door for herself on the other side.

"Little Jali,you just broke my heart. How can you open a door for yourself while looking this fabulous?" He teases.

"Because I have hands thank you very much." We all laugh except for Lubanzi who's sitting at the driver's seat.

"Let's go then." Liyema gets in and his brother start driving. The ride is full of Amber and Liyema flirting with each other. It's very obvious they like each other and they'll definitely make a cute couple. I need to set them up for dates.

We finally reach the venue and it's like a red carpet for rich people. It's looking so fancy. I even feel under dressed but it's just the nerves I guess. I've never attended such a fancy gala before.

"Let's go in." Liyema says and opens his door. We follow after him.