Chapter 23

LUBANZI

Chapter 23

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"I'm asking myself,where is my candle light dinner?"

"You're always demanding, Afeziwe. I bought something for you."

"Really? What?" I was feeling so excited at the prospect of getting a gift.

He took a box which was laying next to the paintings supplies.

He opened it and took out a necklace.

"Oh my gosh. It's looking so pretty. Is it mine?" I was staring at the necklace in awe. It's so pretty.

"Of course it's yours. Let me put it on." He took it out of the box and handed me the box before putting on the necklace on my neck. I stared at it.

"Thank you."

"Let's go have dinner." He held my hand and led me to the kitchen.

He started dishing up for us. The food was amazing.

"Hmm…" I moaned out.

"You're enjoying them?" I nodded.

"I'm happy to know that I'll have a husband who's going to cook for me one day."

"You wanna get married?" I nodded.

"Who doesn't wanna get married?"

"I've never thought of marriage,you know. I've never really wanted to settle down until a weird and annoying girl walked into my life."

"Weird and annoying? You were the annoying one. You were always so serious. Do you remember when you rescued me from being hit by a car? I thanked you and you said you didn't do it for me. I regreted thanking you." He laughed.

"I'm glad I saved you. Otherwise you wouldn't be here with me. My dad is being discharged this week and my mom invited you to dinner as my girlfriend."

"When?"

"This Friday."

"Tell her that I'll be delighted to meet my mother-in-law."

We ate in silence. It was not an awkward silence but a peaceful one.

"Let's go." Banzi suddenly said standing up. I frowned.

"Where?"

"Upstairs." I followed him to the painting room.

He picked up a bucket of white paint and came to me. I was so confused when I felt the paint flowing on my breasts.

"You didn't."

"I did. I want to paint you."

"But you already did." I gestured at the portrait.

"I know but this is a different kind of painting." He came to me. His hands were full of paint and he cupped my face with his smeared hands. He kissed me and we started smearing each other with the paint as we slowly took each other's clothes off. It was sensual.

You all know where it ended.

"I'm so excited." Amber was busy saying as we packed our bag.

Of course we are going on a getaway as sisters.

And I really believe that we need it. The case with Caroline has been complicating. Jackson's wife opened a case against Caroline. She's in jail right now and her bail is next week.

Jackson's wife seems to have tangible evidence to put Caroline away for her brother's múrder. I went to meet her yesterday and she acts like someone who's not mentally okay.

As her lawyer, I'm hoping to plead her case for mentally unstable. Like instead of going to prison she should at least go to a mental facility.

A car horn brings me back from my thoughts.

"They are here." Amber says exiting the room.

Banzi and Liyema offered to take us to the airport. We are going to Durban after all. I carried my bag outside.

I literally grinned when I saw my man. I ran to him and he hugged me then kissed me.

"I'm going to miss you." He said. Aww my baby.

"I'll miss you too but it's just for the weekend. Monday, I'll be here and I'm sleeping over."

"I like the sound of that."

"Ugh,can we just go?" Kaya said as she passed us holding her bag.

"What's with your sister?"

"She's excited." I told him laughing.

"It doesn't look like it. Give me the bag." He took the bag from me and put it at the boot.

Oh before I forget,we were coming along with Hlelo so we picked her up from her home on our way. She sees us as her sisters and we don't have a problem y gaining another sister even though her and Kaya are always fighting.

The guys dropped us at the airport and we hugged each other before we boarded the plane.

My influencer sister was live. She was updating her fans about her trip and the Durban fans couldn't wait to have her.

She wasn't with Liyema anymore but she wasn't heartbroken because apparently they weren't dating but sleeping together. Amber asked that they stop before she catches feelings which is weird because even if they catch feelings what's wrong with that?

I think there's more to what they are telling us but it's not my business so I won't get involved.

When we landed in Durban,we were all excited. We took endless pictures then headed to the lodge we had booked in. I've actually booked in a cheaper lodge but Banzi offered to sponsor the trip given that his sister comes with us. Well,I couldn't say no to money.

𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈

I'm already missing Afeziwe. The fact that she's in another province makes me feel reckless but I just need to keep myself busy with work.

Hence I came to the club. I haven't been here in a long time. I trust my manager plus Afeziwe was keeping me busy.

I heard a knock.

"Come in." I thought it was Lungi,the manager but no.

"What are you doing here, Nthabiseng?"

"I need to talk to you." She sat herself down on the opposite chair.

"Go ahead."

"Firstly I don't want you to think that I did this on purpose because I would never. I know that our time together was just transactional but it meant something to me. I wasn't supposed to even catch feelings but I did and I regret that because you're with someone else. I used to make more money per week with you and—"

I interuppted her.

"Can you get straight to the point or leave?" She sighed.

"Banzi, I'm pregnant." She looked down as if she didn't drop a bombshell on me.

"What?"

"It's your baby. I'm four months pregnant Banzi and I just found out yesterday. I hadn't slept with—"

"Get out!" I stood up.

"But—"

"I said get out!" She stood up and took off her jacket. There was a bump.

"I'm leaving but you're allowed to do a DNA test. I haven't slept with anyone except you that month." She left.

This can't be happening.