Chapter 31

LUBANZI

Chapter 31

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

Today we are going to the Dalindyebo's mansion to see Ntsiko. He was discharged yesterday along with his mother and I helped Banzi purchase some gifts.

"I wish you were his mother,not that Nthabiseng." He said while driving.

"Don't worry yourself about that. We are over this." I assured him.

I know how he regret having a baby with Nthabiseng but it has happened and there's nothing he can do except for accepting the situation and loving the baby.

We drove inside the Dalindyebo's mansion and it sounded like there were a lot of people.

Nthabiseng's mother was sitting down with Banzi's mom having tea while they were laughing about something. It looks like they get along.

"Molo." (Hello) We both greeted.

"Feziwe,my baby it's like you'll be giving birth anytime soon." Mrs Dalindyebo remarked.

"Oh so Afeziwe you decided to fall pregnant when my child was pregnant so that you can keep her away from the father of her child?" What?

You may wonder how I know Nthabiseng's mother,well I used to accompany Amber to Nthabiseng's home.

Of course I didn't get along with her. She's just like her daughter. They are both pety and snobbish.

"Unfortunately your daughter tried to trap my man with a child. Pity it didn't work out because I'm not leaving him anytime soon."

"If you love yourself,you should leave my baby. For peace. She gave him a son and you're giving him a girl. A lousy girl." What?

"My baby is—" Banzi shut me up.

"Mom when is Nthabiseng moving out of my home?" Banzi asked his mother.

"Haibo Banzi? You want the poor child to leave while she just gave birth?" Mrs Dalindyebo asked him. Nthabiseng's mom just clapped her hands.

"I told you that I bought an apartment for her."

"No mother of my grandchild is going to stay at an apartment while our home is this big."

"Tell him." Nthabi's mom added.

"She's in my bedroom." Banzi tried to reason with his mother.

"You no longer stay here moss." His mother argued.

"Mom,how is my wife supposed to feel when you're favouring Nthabiseng?"

"Wife? When did you get married?" Nthabiseng's mom asked shocked. This woman is irritating.

"I'm sorry,my children. Afeziwe,I didn't mean to be unfair on anyone. You have Banzi the poor girl has no one."

"She has her mother." Banzi's dad said walking in.

"Stop interfering in Banzi's business. He's going to support the child. He bought an apartment for the girl what more should he do? Should Afeziwe feel uncomfortable at her in laws?" He added. Mrs Dalindyebo just looked down in shame.

"You're supporting this? Yoh." Nthabi's mom clapped her hands.

"Woman,we are not friends. Actually leave my house." Mr Dalindyebo stared at Nthabi's mom in an intimidating stare.

She didn't even budge. She just looked the other way.

"Let me call security." Mr Dalindyebo took out his phone.

"I'm not leaving this house without my daughter. She gave you a son and this is how you thank us?" She was livid now. Haibo Mrs gold digger?

"We will meet in court." She stood up and left.

"Thank God."

"You can say that again,my daughter. How are you?" Mr Dalindyebo gave me a half hug.

"I'm okay,Dad." I smiled at him.

"We came to see my son. We will see you." Banzi took my hand and we went upstairs to his room.

Nthabi was breastfeeding her baby sitting on the bed.

"Hey." I greeted her. She just looked at me and gave me a half smile. I sat on the bed and Banzi placed down the gift bags on the bed.

"How is he?" He asked.

"He's okay. He just miss his dad." What a dramatic baby mama.

"Can I hold him?" I asked her. I really wanted to see the baby and touch him.

"No. Go make yours." She refused. I thought being a mother would make her a better human being.

"Can I hold my baby?" Banzi asked her. She gave the baby to Banzi.

"But don't give him to other people."

"Do you want to hold him?" He asked me and I nodded.

He tried to give me the baby but Nthabiseng yanked him away.

"What the hell? Don't ever pull my child like that okay?" He was angry. I truly think Nthabiseng is being childish for no reason.

"Lubanzi, don't test me. I gave birth to this baby. Nobody had more rights on him like I do. I won't let other people touch him."

"He's my son, Nthabiseng. We both have equal rights on him."

"I'm the one who pushed. I'm the one in pain right now. Men don't have any right to claim our babies like this. Please leave."

"Let's go, baby. This is not over yet." He helped me stand up.

"What I say goes Banzi. Don't forget I can do anything I want to my baby." She said. The way she said it,it sounded like a threat.

We left the room and went downstairs.

"Afeziwe,I would like to apologize." Banzi's mother said but Banzi was pulling my hand as we passed them.

"We will talk another time,Ma." I assured her.

"See? I'm trying to apologize but she doesn't care." I overheard her telling her husband.

This woman is a real drama queen. We got inside the car.

"Do you think she's going to hurt Ntsiko?" Banzi asked while looking so frustrated.

"I don't know. I hope not. She carried the baby for nine months,I don't think she's going to harm him." I tried to comfort him but I'm also not sure what Nthabiseng is capable of.

"If she ever harm my child in any way, I'm burying her alive."