Chapter 34

LUBANZI

Chapter 34

"Flowers grow out of dark moments"- Corita Kent

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

I remembered the words from Banzi's tattoo. Even in the worst situation, something good always comes out. But I don't know why I just remembered this words. Where am I? Am I dead?

I slowly opened my eyes and came to face to face with the white ceiling. It's pretty.

"Miss Jali?" Someone called out my name. I looked around and saw a doctor.

"Hi." I smiled at him. Somehow I feel happy yet tired and drowsy.

"Welcome back to the land of the living. We thought we lost you. I'm doctor Anokosha." The doctor smiled at me.

"Anokosha? That's a pretty weird surname there." He chuckled then took out the stethoscope and placed it on my chest.

"I think everything is okay. Your recovery is still a miracle. I thought miracles only happened in my family but I guess in the hospital as well."

"What miracles happen in your family, doctor?" I'm curious.

"A lot of things. I would have to kill you if I tell you."

"What?" I laughed.

"Maybe you should get out of this hospital then I'll invite you to my home. The miracle patient meet the miracle family. It would be such a blast."

"You're funny."

"I try. Well let me tell your family, you're okay. They almost killed me." He opened the door and left.

Well I miss his presence. The door opened and my little sister Kaya came running. She immediately hugged me.

"Sis."

"Kaya you're hurting me." She let go.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Everyone started walking in. Amber gave me a hug and then my brother also.

"You scared us, Feziwe. We all thought we will never see you again." JoJo said looking so sad.

"The doctor said I'm a miracle patient." I smiled.

"It's indeed a miracle that you're awake and well." Mr Dalindyebo said.

They were all looking sad but Amber was crying.

Wait-

"Where's my baby?" How can I forget I was pregnant. My tummy is no longer that huge and I can feel that my baby is not inside me.

Nobody answered me. They all just looked the other way or just pretended that they didn't hear me.

"Where's my baby?" I was no longer happy. I was panicking and heartbroken.

"Sis, just be happy you're okay." Amber said. Happy I'm okay? I want my baby.

"I want my baby, please..." I could feel that I was crying. I hope my baby is okay. All I want is my baby. If anything happened to her then I'm not going to live as well.

A baby cried somewhere. The baby's cry was getting closer and finally the door opened. Banzi walked in holding a pink blanket.

"My baby?" He nodded. I raised my hands indicating that I want to hold her. He gave me the baby.

My baby was crying. She looks so tiny and she's red from crying. Her presence just brought me peace.

"My Serenity." I kissed her forehead.

"Is that what you name her?" Banzi asked and i nodded.

"Serenity Nontsikelelo Dalindyebo." He said and I smiled. Our Nontsi, Ntsiko's little sister.

"I'm an aunt." Amber couldn't believe it.

"You were always an aunt." I tell her.

"I know but it's still feel surreal that I'm an aunt again." My twin sister is dramatic.

The door opened and doctor Anokosha walked in.

"Can you excuse our patient? The room is stuffy. The father can stay though." He told everyone. They all took a peek at my Serenity before they left.

It was now the three of us.

"You have to breast feed her you know." Banzi said.

"Will you help me?" He nodded. He helped me breastfeed the baby. I still can't believe I'm a mother.

"I thought something had happened to her." I told Banzi. I was really scared when everyone didn't tell me anything.

"Something almost happened to the both of you. I was given an ultimatum of choosing between saving you or the baby." What? I didn't know that.

"I'm sorry that you had to choose between the both of us but I hope you had chosen her."

"I had." He smiled with tears while staring at the both of us.

"I knew that if I ever choose you and not the baby,you were never going to forgive me." I grinned.

"I'm glad you know me. I don't mind giving up my life for the one I love. I wouldn't have survived if anything had happened to my baby."

"Don't talk like that. You're both okay and i love you both so much. You,Nontsi and Ntsiko, you are my world."

"We love you too daddy. She's already asleep and I'm feeling sleepy as well."

"Let me go ask the nurses for the baby's bed." He stood up and left.

The doctor walked in again.

"I'm happy to see our mommy bear and baby bear doing well."

"Thank you for saving us,Mr Doctor with a weird surname."

"You're welcome. You can thank me by attending dinner at my house when you're out of here. My fiancee would like to meet you. She's a doctor as well and I told her about your case."

"I would like to meet her as well. You have my details so you'll call. I just need to sleep."

"Let me call a nurse." He left and I closed my eyes and slept.