Chapter 24

LUBANZI

Chapter 24

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

The getaway trip was just amazing. It was nice walking on the beach barefooted. We ate seafood most of the time. I believe that we all had the best time of our lives but it's time to go back now.

We have a flight at one pm and it's already ten am. Amber is still sleeping because she went clubbing last night with Hlelo. They came around midnight. At least Hlelo is awake.

"Kaya go wake up your sister." Kaya stood up and went to Amber's room.

I took out my phone and tried to call Banzi but it was on voicemail. That's unlike him. Maybe his battery died. I'll call him again later.

"Hlelo are you done with packing?"

"Yes sis Feziwe." She was on her phone smiling.

Amber walked out of the room looking like a mess.

"Do you know that we have a return home flight?"

"Yeah, I'll get ready. I just need a strong black coffee."

"I'll make the coffee for you. Go get ready." She went back to her room and I went to the kitchen to make her coffee.

We just got off the plane. Home sweet home. Liyema was holding a ‘girls,welcome back home’ board.

We all headed to where he was. Hlelo was the first one to hug him.

"Lee! I didn't miss you."

"Durban clearly messed up with your head. How was the trip?" He took Hlelo's luggage and we followed him to his car.

"It was awesome. I'm no longer going on trips with you but the girls. They know how to make a trip lively." Hlelo said enthusiastically. She really had fun.

"Where's your brother? I've been trying to reach him but he's not taking my calls." I asked Liyema. I thought Banzi would come with him to welcome us.

"Fez,we just arrived and you're already missing your man?" That's Amber who's answering a question I didn't ask her.

"Uhm…he's busy." Liyema dismissed the topic. He went on talking to Hlelo.

They dropped us home first even though they passed theirs on the way.

"I'm leaving." I told my siblings who were sitting on the couch.

"Bye." I went to the garage and got inside my car then drove to the penthouse.

I was playing Lloyiso's songs. He's one of my favourites artists. His voice is soothing and comforting. I love ‘Dream about you’ and ‘Where do we go’ the most. I was now playing ‘Where do we go’ as I parked in front of his gate.

The guards opened the gate for me to drive in when I saw another car parked at my spot. I was about to get out of my car when I saw Nthabiseng walking out with Banzi behind her.

She was wearing a yellow bodycon dress which showed off a bump. She's pregnant? I hope it's not what I'm thinking.

She hugged him before she got inside her car and I started my car and reversed it, that's when they noticed me.

"Baby! Feziwe!" Lubanzi ran to my car but I quickly drove out with him yelling after me.

I don't know when I reached home but I did and I ran to my room even when Amber called after me. I locked the door and sat on the bed with my heart beating rapidly.

I'm trying to make sense of what happened. Nthabi is pregnant and it's Banzi's child? Oh my gosh. I was the fool here. It means that they used to communicate behind my back. Who knows what they were doing in my absence? I'm such a fool.

"Fez open the door. What happened?" Amber called out but what I want is to get inside the comforter and cover myself. I'm feeling cold.

I took off my shoes and got inside the comforter. I started hearing a different voice at the door.

"Baby? Fez? Please get out of the room and I'll explain everything to you." Lubanzi said. So there's something to explain? He want to tell me how stupid I was to fall in love?

I found myself crying. I never thought I'll cry over a man but here I am. I can't believe this. What was I actually thinking?

"Okay since you're not opening, I'm going to explain right here. Fez,I love you. I've never loved someone the way I love you. Nthabiseng—"

"Shut up!" I yelled at him. I took out my headphones and put them on and played some songs. I increased the volume so that I couldn't hear anything he has to say.

He has the nerve to even say her name.

𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈

"I messed up." I told my brother. Fez's twin suggested that I give her space.

"Why would you bring Nthabiseng to the penthouse? You should have taken her to the hospital."

"I wanted the DNA test to be conducted by someone I trusted. I thought Afeziwe would show up later and I would explain everything."

"Didn't you try to make her understand?"

"She doesn't want to listen to me. I did explain everything though but she didn't say anything. I don't think she was listening."

"I'm sorry man."

"I love her. I love Afeziwe so much and it hurts that she think I could cheat on her. Me?"

"She's just angry,bro. Give her time to come to terms with this then when she's calm she'll come to you."

"When?" Every second Afeziwe is angry with me it's like a she's stabbing my heart with a spear.

"What did the results say about Nthabiseng?"

"The doctor is going to give me the results tonight."

"You do know that if Nthabiseng's child is yours Afeziwe is never going to forgive you right?"

"Eish…"

"Sorry,bro." He comforted me.