Chapter 28: Just a Little Bit

***

"So, he's okay?" Questioned Lily, still worried over that morning's events. They were currently in their 4th class of the day, and she was interrogating Sandy relentlessly, knowing that she had gone to visit him to the infirmary. "Did Madam Pomfrey find out why he passed out? Was he not eating enough? Or drinking enough water? I swear that boy doesn't take care of himself well enough!" Her semi-loud exclaims were more so whispering, for she was trying not to get either of them in trouble. 

The girl nodded, very much glad to know it had, in fact, nothing to do with her and cursing the boy. "Yeah, he's gonna be fine. And no, it was excitement and nervousness, that made him pass out."

"What?"

Letting out a small chuckle, Sandy couldn't help but find amusement in what had happened. "Yeah, James was going on and on about you being nice to him and smiling at him."

"So... Its my fault?"

"Its his fault for loving so strongly." Sandy shrugged, trying to pretend that she was not invested in the relationship. However, at the same time, she was doing her best to make her see that James was the one for her. If the time-traveller couldn't have a romance of her own, she would live through everyone else's. Besides, this is necessary. Those two need to make Harry. I'm not being selfish or getting into anyone else's business. I know they're going to get together anyways. I'm just ensuring they will, and do so faster too. "I think he's a little embarrassed for fainting in front of you though. Doesn't like that you may not see him as a 'big strong man' anymore."

Lily chuckled slightly, as her cheeks reddened at her new friend's words. "Yeah... James is... something. Isn't he?"

"Well, he can't be nothin'." She teased right back. 

"So, you are friends with him, right? And the boys?"

"They're being persistent on that point, so, its not like I have a choice." The time traveller voiced out, before seeing the redhead's expectant glance. With a nod, she continued. "Yes, I am. Why? did you need something?"

"No," Although she tried to fall into a silence, being under Sandy's gaze eventually got her talking once more. "I know you only met him, but... What do you think of James?"

"Like, in general, or for you?"

"I-Errh... In general?" She didn't sound so convinced, but still went forth with that answer. 

Realizing that Lily wasn't quite ready to give into James just yet, Sandy decided to play it cool. One of her best friends from the past (Harry) would appreciate. As would James himself too. And possibly Lily in the future. If she succeeded. "I think he puts up a strong, cocky front to hide his nervousness, but deed down is a huge teddy bear. And sure, he's a bit silly with his pranks, and seemingly irresponsible, but very caring and supportive to his friends when it counts. He actually seems like the Lily of his friend group, ironically enough."

"But, he's so immature."

"Some of his friends don't have such great home lives, or childhoods, so, he tries to brighten their lives with fun and games. Maybe its not the best strategy, but its his." That was the best way she could put it. But, truly, she saw nothing wrong with them enjoying their time at Hogwarts, specially knowing that there was a war going on outside its walls. Granted, it was not ideal that they did so sometimes at the expense of others. That would have to change. Specially in the case of her classmate and future professor, Severus Snape.