Chapter 43: Sorrows... Sorrows...

N/A: Another really long chapter awaits! I'm thinking, of maybe, making these more common. 

Also, yes, I realize that this is the second chapter this week (yesterday I published another). I decided to be extra generous. You're welcome :)

***

The full moon had passed, and Remus had returned to classes two days later. Much like the day he had learnt of his Wolfsbane potion supplier, he hugged Sandy 'randomly' that morning (once having recuperated from his monthly issue), and showed her a tired, but bright smile. When the full moon was high, all night he had stayed awake, as had his friends, for two reasons. He was worried the potion would either not work, or wear off at any moment, since it was the first time he had taken it. Secondly, it was the first time the four of them hanged out in their Werewolf and Animagi forms all together at once. They spent the night running around, howling bumping into each other, play fighting, and everything they could do under the moonlight. 

Regardless of the cause of celebration, that didn't ease their lack of sleep neither of the two days. Sandy had only thought and prepared for Remus, knowing from his future self the side effects from the transformation, and had brewed something special for him. A potion known as the Strong Invigoration Draught, which strongly boosted both the mental concentration, as well as energy of the consumer, at a greater capacity than the regular Invigoration Draught. Although, since he was not aware that she knew of his werewolf status, she attempted to be discreet about it. Claiming that she had it on stand by for days she stayed up studying, she offered it to him, insisting he looked like he needed it. Her attempt at discretion had seemingly worked, for the boy accepted it (after much persuasion) and was feeling much better. 

This brought about yet another hug, with him muttering hundreds of thanks, and insisting she was an angel sent from heaven. She, on the other hand, merely replied with 'I'm just a witch, but, you're welcome'. 

The other Marauders also weren't blind to the aid she had provided their lycanthrope friend, and were sure to walk her to each and everyone of their classes, as well as glaring at any Slytherin that tried to approach her. Although, their protectiveness did not end there, for after a Ravenclaw accidentally bumped into her in the hallway, they seemed about ready to pounce. 

After many failed attempts, she managed to get away from the quartet, and asked Professor Slughorn permission to use his empty classroom after classes, to brew a potion. He was delighted by her request, and granted it. This was yet another special potion, only it was designed to deal with a specific problem she was having; Sirius Black.

"Okay, lets begin. The Amorobliterus Elixir... Ta-ta-ta... Ingredients... Instructions... Let's get started." With a simple charm, she created a fire underneath the cauldron, and began pouring the ingredients. "One cup of Olive juice. One drop of Lether river water... Three red Rose petals... Dry Kava... Stir six times clockwise. A piece of the source of affection-" From a small envelope, she dropped a few of his hairs. That had been the hardest ingredients to acquire. However, with the boy's arm wrapped around her so constantly, acquiring the necessary proximity to reach his long locks had not been an issue. Plucking three out from the root, however, not so easy. Specially with the boy in question's obsession over his own hair. Although the potion insisted that the ingredient did not exclusively need to be hair, it insisted it had the best results, specially if acquired from the root. And, this way, with the giddy emotions out of the way, she would be able to focus better on her mission to save lives and the future.