Chapter 53: Admissions

***

The curtains were drawn open without warning, forcing the sunlight into the room, and seemingly straight onto Sirius's closed eyes. He groaned, using his arms to shield himself from the source of his sleep disturbance. Unfortunately, that didn't do much, for he suddenly became aware over the headache that was forming as he regain consciousness. The sunlight only became a bigger pest, alongside the sound of the set of footsteps, the drawers opening and closing, as well as the mumbling. Eventually, the individual at fault for the ruckus reached him, nudging him for a response. When Sirius tried to hide deeper into his blanket, it was pulled off of him. "What?!" He winced at the level of his own voice, which had come up raspy, as he could still feel remnants of the bile in his throat. His stomach also began to do flips, although not in the butterfly eruption sense. No, his stomach was looking into, somehow, emptying its contents once more.

"It's lunch time. You three have slept all morning. Here; a hangover elixir. Take it." The voice spoke out, extending a small vial towards him. 

Sirius snatched it off his hands with one eye semi open, barely able to see anything through the luminousness of the dorm. The elixir was disgusting, similarly to one of Berty Bott's Every Flavour Beans eh had tried once, specifically the dirty sock one. Granted, this was not the first time he had drank this elixir, but, somehow, he didn't remember it tasting so ghastly. Every time, the after taste left him regretting getting drunk more then whatever actions he had taken the prior day while drunk. All, but this time. Memories flooded back, and he groaned once more. "I'm a bloody idiot!"

A chuckle emerged from beside him. "You've only just noticed?"

As he turned to glare at the figure that had disturbed his sleep and now mocked him, Sirius realized it was his fellow werewolf best friend. "Oh, sod off."

"It's lunch time," He echoed, far too amused at the reaction of the three Marauders recovering form their hangovers. "Get up, come on. I'm not going by myself again."

"I am not going." Sirius grumbled with crossed arms nearly inaudibly, before grabbing the blanket and covering his entire body, head to toe, with it. At that moment all he wanted was to dig a hole in his Animagus form in the middle of the Forbidden Forest, and die in there. 

James rubbed his eyes before placing his glasses back on, fully awake now. As he too remembered the events of the previous night, he had a completely different reaction towards it. "Lily kissed me in the cheek yesterday! Whoooho!"

"So, you've made it to 0.5 base. Congrats," Peter teased, feeling rather smug about having gotten further in a genuine romantic relationship than any one else in the room. He quickly sprinted to the bathroom, ready to make himself presentable so that he could see Mary at the Great Hall. "You should have woken me up sooner, Remus!"

"Your actions are not my responsibility!" He yelled back, not in the mood for giving them yet another lecture on measuring their alcohol intake at parties. 

"I wanna die!" Sirius cried out from beneath the blanket, for more and more memories resurfaced from the night before. "Please kill me, Remus!"

The werewolf rolled his eyes at the dramatic teen as his lips curled up in amusement. Not knowing the full story of his friend's grief, he decided to tease him on what he deduced to be the source. "Is this because of your failed dance attempt with Sandy? What kind of idiot falls into his dance partner. I though I was the one with two left feet, and yet I've never done that." All he received was another embarrassed groan that echoed through the dorm.