Chapter 6

F/M = Favorite Memory

I went to sleep the next night and strangely awoke on my back, looking at the sky. It was still the Omega Timeline's sky, but something was...off.

My wrists were still chained in front of me, so I had to roll over onto my stomach and push myself into a sitting position. I shook my head some, narrowing my eyes slightly when I felt the gag around my neck, before looking around.

I was practically in a white void aside from some flowers and white grass...and far off in the distance, a hill.

I blinked in confusion, wondering where exactly I was. Was anyone even around me?

"Ah...I see you're awake, Y/N." A voice said, drifting on the slight wind I felt.

I looked toward the voice and saw a simple glow, nothing else. Dream?

A translucent Dream appeared beside me, sitting. "Hey...you okay?"

I...don't know...I don't understand what's happening to me...and I'm starting to feel...upset by it.

"It's okay to be confused...I'm still not sure how you're coming here to our worlds."

I hugged my knees to my chest, trembling slightly. I'm scared, Dream. So very scared...I don't want to keep coming back here. It's...so much...

Dream looked around briefly with concern before looking at me. "You have every right to be scared, Y/N...but don't let that control what you need to do."

Tears welled up in my eyes as anxiety and fear took precedence in my emotions. What...what do I need to do here? Nothing makes sense. If it weren't for the bruises transferring over to my world, or the pain I feel when my soul cracks, I'd have written this all off as some kind of strange dream by now.

Deep down, something was screaming at me to stay positive, that danger would come if I kept these feelings up, but I couldn't stop the anxiety. It'd been a part of me my whole life, a small voice in the back of my mind wasn't gonna change that now...

Ah...there you are...

I looked up tearfully to see Nightmare looking down at me. I didn't care anymore, I just put my head down on my knees, feeling exhausted.

I heard Dream stand up beside me. "Nightmare, leave. This is not your place."

On the contrary, this is EXACTLY my place...I can feel the despair coming from her soul...the insecurities, the fear, the loneliness...

Through my tears, I saw my soul blip into existence, a darker purple than normal. I couldn't muster the energy to be alarmed as shadows overtook my soul.

"Y/N!" Dream exclaimed.

I looked over, the world blurry from the tears. Dream reached out to me, but Nightmare wrapped a tendril around his arm and threw him away from me. A spooky-looking Sans with black tears streaming down his face appeared and attacked Dream.

I sniffled and fought against the shadows that were slowly encasing me. More out of instinct than an actual want to escape.

Dream was eventually thrown real close to me, looking severely beat up and bleeding. He reached out to me. "Don't...let the negativity take you down...!"

The creepy Sans stepped on Dream's skull and started crushing it into the ground.

I blinked away the tears and fought off the shadows, desperate to save Dream. With difficulty, I staggered to my feet, tears still streaming down my face from the despair I felt. L-Leave...him alone...