13

Kai led me to the living room where Kiara and Kordin were sat on a dark green, fluffy rectangle that looked like a sofa, stretching along the length of the wide wall.

His parents and Granteon were stood in the corner of the room and Kintel was sat on a smaller rectangle whilst Yara and Florna sat beside him, mumbling quietly to each other.

When Kai and I walked in, everyone stopped what they were doing, looking up in silence.

"Daisy, it's good to see you again." Granteon stepped forward, taking centre stage.

"So what's all this about?" Klaus chimed, waltzing into the room with a smile.

I grew nervous. Looking around the room, everyone but Klaus was stern in their features and I knew that something was wrong.

"There has been an increase in activity just beyond Zandara. We aren't sure who it is but we know it isn't anyone from the intergalactic alliance." Kai stood beside Granteon, addressing the room with authority.

I felt nauseous. It had to be the gladar aliens, who else could it be?

"There is a small chance that it could be the gladarians." Granteon stated, looking directly at me.

My eyes widened, fear taking over as my heart raced.

Don't worry, you're safe here. If it's them, we can blow them to smithereens before they even get close.

Kai's words weren't enough to calm me but I stood tall, not letting my true feelings show.

"Didn't you take care of those bastards already?" Florna spat, anger in her eyes as she glared at Kai.

I wanted to punch that bitch in the face. How dare she talk to Kai like a piece of shit infront of his family! I didn't know what her problem was but I'd find out sooner or later.

"Everyone on board their ship was dealt with. There's no way they could have survived our onslaught." Kiara held her head high with pride.

"Kintel, Kiara, Granteon and myself will fly out tonight. We will find out who it is and what they want and deal with them accordingly." Kia said sternly, narrowing his eyes at Florna.

"In the meantime, I want everyone else on high alert. We will have patrols on duty across Zandara and until the threat has been neutralised, we stick together. Avoid going out alone and make your whereabouts known if you can't. Understood?"

"Understood." Everyone nodded at Kai in unison.

I stood by the door, picking at my nails as everyone broke out in conversation. Reela and Vin made their way over to Kai and Granteon and I suddenly felt alone.

I was the new girl all over again, starting out in a new home. Memories of my teenage years flooded back, foster home after foster home, no one wanting to form any kind of relationship with me and I worried that I would be blamed if it turned out that the gladarians were here.

I watched as Florna and Yara walked towards me. Yara gave me a small smile as she walked past me and out of the room. Florna on the other hand, locked eyes with me and stopped beside me so that our shoulders were almost touching.

"You don't belong here, human. If anyone else gets hurt protecting your weak ass, I'll see to it that you're shipped off to Earth with no way back."

My breath caught in my throat and I turned to face her but she walked out of the room, flicking her hair over her shoulder as I watched her walk away.

My eyes glazed over and I wondered if anyone else thought of me as a weak human that didn't belong here.

Slipping out of the room unnoticed, I headed back to the gaming room as a thought crossed my mind.