Lost

Him

It's been two days since that incident. The man was kept locked up but now they are all in the courtroom.

Currently Khalid is seated on his throne with Hamdan beside him. The guilty is held by two guards. A gaurd is sent to call the Wazir and another offers Khalid a goblet of juice which he denies with a nod.

The Wazir, ( Mir Zaman )walks in.

"My Khalifa may I know what's troubling you ? And who is this man ?" Mir Zaman asks.

"This man secretly attacked our Khalifa." Hamdan says to which Mir Zaman stares at Khalid, speechless and shocked.

"I...what..are you okay ? I wasn't aware of it. Why didn't anyone tell me ?" He says looking at Hamdan

"Yes. A girl saved me." His mind wanders back to her. To her eyes and her simplicity. A ghost of a smile Grace's his lips.

"Who sent you ?" He's pulled out of his thoughts by the Wazir's voice. The man however refuses to speak.

"Looks like he'll require some special treatment to open his mouth." Hamdan warns, walking closer to the man.

"Wait." The Wazir stops him. "My Khalifa you've been exceptionally quite. Is something bothering you ?"

"I know where his mind is." Hamdan smirks with amusement dancing in his eyes. Indirectly refering to her.

Khalid shoots him a glare. He gets up.

"I believe we've asked you something ?" He finally looks at the man.

"I won't speak until you release me." The man complains.

"Release you for what ? To run away ?" Hamdan scoffs in disbelief.

"This man cannot be trusted Khalifa..." Mir Zaman fails to complete his sentence because of an interruption caused by a rock thrown inside the room. Everyone's startled except Khalid.

"Wallahi (I swear on God) what is it this time ?"

"Who threw the rock ?"

"I know who did." Khalid sees looking at Khurram peep inside.

Taking advantage of the situation the man breaks free from the guards hold and runs and jumps off the window.

"What else can be expected from a coward like him ?" Hamdan scoffs.

"At least he was loyal to whoever he was serving." Khalid says looking at Khurram who's just entered the courtroom. "I'm going for a walk. Alone. I want that mess cleared before I'm back." He gestures towards the man who's probably drenched in his own blood by now.

"Khalifa after whatever's happened today how can you go alone ? You must take..." The Wazir gets concerned.

"As I said, I want to go alone."

With that he walks out of the room, to the stable, mounts his horse and gallops away to the hillforest.

As he reaches the place nostalgia hits him. He would come hunting here as a child with his father and he remembers being called a coward and a weak prince by his father whenever he couldn't find the strength or muster up the courage to kill a poor little animal. However, he also remembers being praised by his mother for not being ruthless and for being merciful and kind.

"You do not become a King by going to war or by killing people. Anyone can kill. What makes you a true King is your kindness and your mercy. Khalid I want you to remember that a Real King is always the one who saves and not the one who kills."