Episode 7: Audition Begins

“Ha! Why am I the first one? Let’s go and get it over with.”

“Anyway, I’m going to pass, so do your best.”

“Hmm, no you are not.”

One of the students from the drama school got up, exchanged a fist bump with a friend, entered the audition room, and after about 3 minutes, came out with a somewhat dark expression.

“Thank you for your hard work. We will contact you with the results later. I’m sorry, but you can’t have conversations with others. Please head straight over there.”

The staff standing in front of the door guided Na seong-jin towards the exit.

“Next contestant, number 2, Jung Soo-yeon.”

Jung Soo-yeon, who had gained a bit of recognition among the younger generation for her web dramas, went in and came out a while later. Just like the previous contestants, her expression was gloomy.

‘Ugh, what should I do?’

As she exited the audition room, Jung Soo-yeon let out an involuntary sigh.

‘If I keep doing this, I might end up following the same path as Joo-young unni.’

With a dark expression, Jung Soo-yeon left the audition room.

An actor standing next to Yeon-woo, noticing the gloomy atmosphere, struck up a conversation.

“Phew, the atmosphere is quite intense, isn’t it?”

“Seems that way. It’s my first time, so I’m nervous.”

Yeon-woo smiled slightly as he responded to the actor who initiated the conversation.

“Just do what you usually do in front of the camera, and you’ll be fine. Well, I’m not really one to talk either. Phew!”

Offering advice to Yeon-woo about the audition, the actor himself seemed to be getting tense, taking deep breaths.

“Anyway, let’s aim for good results. I’m Ahn Jun-ho. If you happen to make it into this production, it’ll be my third time. I’ve only played small roles, so I’m pretty much unknown.”

Extending his hand to Yeon-woo, he asked for a handshake.

“Sure, I’m Ryu Yeon-woo. Senior, this is my very first time.”

Yeon-woo shook his outstretched hand and smiled brightly.

“Oh! senior? what are you talking about? But still, seeing your face, you’ll become famous soon, won’t you?”

“Thank you for the kind words.”

At that moment, the staff called out for Ahn Jun-ho.

“Number 4, Ahn Jun-ho? Ahn Jun-ho, please come in.”

“Hey, why do I have to be number 4 of all numbers? This time, is it a fate? I’ll go in first, Yeon-woo.”

Ahn Jun-ho greeted Yeon-woo and get up.

After that, several more people auditioned, and Yeon-woo’s turn approached.

“Next up, let’s see… Ryu Yeon-woo? There’s no photo on the profile?”

“Oh, that’s him. Just a few days ago, Jung Cheol-min asked me to recommend a student for the audition, so I told him to just send in some basic personal information.”

Upon hearing Director Kim Han-soo’s words, writer Choi Mi-hyu responded with a pleased tone.

“Ah, so it was Cheol-min’s recommendation. It’s been a while since I’ve seen him. Wasn’t the last time during ‘Seeing the End’?”