Episode 59: The Star Beyond the River - Audition

– Squeak. –

The door opened with a creepy sound in the dimly lit space.

– Click. –

The lights came on, and amidst the metallic noises, a voice echoed.

“I told you not to do this last time. Why are you waiting with the lights off?”

“Oh, sorry. I just like it dark…”

A man, raising his hand as if annoyed, opened his mouth.

“Enough of that. Kim Gyesik, come in.”

“Yes.”

As the man made a call somewhere, the door soon opened, and another man entered.

“You called?”

“Ah, Manager Kim, come and have a seat.”

The man in charge called, and Kim Gyesik quickly walked over and sat in front.

“Try to find something appropriate among those working with drugs and send it to the media.”

“What size should we send it, approximately…?”

The man stroking his chin with impatience uttered a metallic voice again.

“That CEO Yun son, right.”

“The one from Bongrim Construction?”

“No, the old man who builds ships.”

“Ah, is it Jung Yang Shipbuilding’s Yun Kwang-sun? But she is his daughter.”

The man in charge frowned upon hearing that.

“A daughter? They said something about overspeeding and a hit-and-run, so I thought it was the son. Anyway, we need to cover up that incident a bit.”

“Yes, then I’ll prepare it in that size.”

====

***

====

Three days later, the day of the rescheduled audition arrived.

Yeon-woo was driving towards KBC in Min-soo’s car.

Team Leader Jung Hyuk, who was already in the car, asked Yeon-woo.

“Yeon-woo, did you prepare well?”

“I’m a professional in auditions.”

Yeon-woo replied with a sly smile to Team Leader Jung’s question.

“That’s right, you nailed it with Director Park Chan-hong, so I’m sure Jin Yu-han won’t be an easy opponent.”

“Yes, I found out when I looked at his works.”

As they arrived at the broadcasting station parking lot, a staff member approached, having already talked to Min-soo on the phone, and guided them.

As Yeon-woo’s group moved from the annex to the main building, fans waiting for idol singers coming for a music show recognized Yeon-woo from a distance.

“Wow, it’s Ryu Yeon-woo!”

“Wow, oppa!”

“Amazing. Look over here!”

Yeon-woo looked towards the direction of the sound, waving and greeting the fans.

“Please go inside, Actor Yeon-woo.”

Following the staff member who opened the main building’s door, Yeon-woo entered the waiting room of the hall for ‘The Star Beyond the River’, where Director Lee Sang-hoon and Writer Kim Jin-joo were in charge.