Act Two: Chapter IV: Bullet Points

January 9 2014

There was a virtual meeting happening with the World Security Council as someone was talking to them.

His name is Alexander Pierce, He is secretary of the World Security Council. Pierce was looking at the council members as they began speaking to him.

Councilman Rockwell: If Nick Fury thinks he can get his costumed thugs and STRIKE commandos to mop-up his mess, he's sadly mistaken. This failure is unacceptable.

Councilman Singh: Well, considering this attack took place one mile from my country's sovereign waters, it's a bit more then that. I move for immediate hearing.

Councilwoman Hawley: We don't need hearings, we need action. It's this Council's duty to oversee SHIELD.

Councilman Yen: A breach like this raises serious questions.

Councilman Rockwell: Like how the hell did a pirate manage to hijack a covert SHIELD vessel in broad daylight?

Pierce: I'm looking into this matter right now and-

Councilman Rockwell: Secretary Pierce. The Council take things like international piracy fairly seriously.

Pierce: Really? I don't. I don't care about one boat, I care about the fleet. If this Council is going to fall a rancor every time someone pushes us on the playing field, maybe we need someone to oversee us.

Councilman Yen: Mr. Secretary, nobody is suggesting-

Suddenly Pierce heard from a agent that someone wanted to meet him at his office as he began speaking to the council members.

Pierce: Excuse me.

Councilman Rockwell: More trouble, Mr. Secretary?

Pierce: It depends on your definition.

The virtual meeting ended as Pierce left the room and began making his way towards his office. Some time has passed and Alexander reached his office as he opened the door and saw Fury. Pierce had a smile on his face as he said something to Nick.

Pierce: I work forty floors away and it takes a hijacking for you to visit?

Fury: A nuclear war would do it too.

Both of them shaked each other's hand as they continued speaking.

Fury: Busy in there?

Pierce: Nothing some earmarks can't fix.

Fury: I'm here to ask a favor. . . . I want you to call for a vote. Project Insight has to be delayed.

Pierce: Nick, that's not a favor. That's a subcommittee hearing. A long one.

Fury: It could be nothing, probably is nothing. I just need time to make sure it's nothing.

Pierce: What if it's something?