Act Three: Chapter V: Isolation

Amadeus: As Gotham's veins slowly filled with pain and suffering, the effects were felt everywhere. My father fell first, infected by some foul disease. My mother lived on, but only in a dream. I returned to the family home to care for her where she remained in her bed for as long as her body continued to breathe. Her tears kept me awake at night.
.
.
.
.
.
.

June 3 2014

KNOW GOD, NO FEAR. . . . . NO GOD, KNOW FEAR.

That was the bloody message written on the wall. Alex continued moving forward until he heard Joker speaking to him from the intercom.

Joker: [Via Intercom] Tell me, Bats. What are you really scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the commissioner in time?

Suddenly static emitted from the intercom as Alex continued moving forward until he saw some rats running towards the holes in the wall. The Batman was silent and continued following the trail until he heard something.

Gordon: [Breathes Heavily] Please, help me, Batman!

Suddenly Gordon's screams were heard as Alex's eyes were widen and he continued running towards the source of the sound. The screams abruptly stopped as Ambrose ripped open the vent and crawled inside the ventilation system.

He kicked opened another vent and was in a hallway. Alex continued walking around until he saw Gordon laying down on the ground as he immediately ran towards him.

Alex checked on Gordon as he wasn't moving at all as he was checking for a pulse but there was no pulse. He put his hand down and closed his eyes. He had guilt and anger coursing through him as he blamed himself for not saving James. Had he took him away from the island immediately after Joker escaped, he would have been alive.

Alex:. . . . . . I'm sorry, Jim.

He slowly got up and closed his fist as the Batman contacted William and Marie.

Alex:. . . William. . . Marie. . . . . I was too late. . . I couldn't save him.

Silence was heard on the radio as he was confused and said something.

Alex: William? Marie? Are you there?

Once again silence was heard on the radio as Ambrose was worried and immediately contacted Natasha.

Alex: Natasha? Nat, are you there?

????: [On Radio]. . . . . [Static Emits]-- From your mother. I repeat, an enormously important announcement from your mother. . . . Please stay tuned or tune immediately to the Happy Alex frequency. . . . . Repeat, tune immediately to the Happy Hour frequency. I repeat-

Alex was confused as he tried to contact Natasha again but once again he heard that message again as he contacted Anne, Sharon and Jack.

Alex: Anne? Sharon? Jack? Can anyone hear me?

???: [On Radio]. . . . . . . Mom, Are you here? I've been sleepwalking again. It's the inhuman monsters that I fear.

Alex tried to contact the others but suddenly he saw the door to the medicine room, opening by itself as he was staring at it. He continued looking at it until. . . . .